Eyelash adhesive and pregnancy!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DB.cathy78

Reaction score
Hi, does anyone know if it is safe to carry out lash extensions on clients whilst I am pregnant ? I am at logger heads with my partner as he has read it is not safe, it's driving me mad !! Any advice would be much appreciated ! Thanx xx

Not sure! I think it should be fine though as I've read posts from pregnant ladies on here that have done lashes whilst pregnant.
I am aware though that you shouldn't apply lash extensions to pregnant women though as they are more likely to develop an allergy
x

Not sure! I think it should be fine though as I've read posts from pregnant ladies on here that have done lashes whilst pregnant.
I am aware though that you shouldn't apply lash extensions to pregnant women though as they are more likely to develop an allergy
x

Pregnancy is not considered as a one of the contraindications of eyelash extensions. - (out of theory)
I've had few clients pregnant and it was all fine - (out of experience)

The problem is, you can patch test a pregnant client for extensions and they won't have a reaction. However, this doesn't guarantee that they won't have a reaction if a full set is applied.
If they do get a reaction then they aren't able to have the medication to counteract this.
This is the reason I won't lash pregnant clients. It's also not very comfortable to lie down for that long either.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I have lashed pregnant clients and they only thing I have found is sometime if their hair gets greaser during pregnancy they will loose more lashes!

Lashing during pregnancy is a no no as far as I was aware (I trained with Nouveau) prolonged periods of laying on your back is not healthy for the baby.

What about tinting then?
If they have a reaction and arent able to have the correct medication should I avoid this too?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I had Lash Perfect lashes applied during my pregnancy. infill appointments towards the end were a strain on my back though. My therapist applied them to me during her pregnancy too x

Latest posts

Back