Eyelash advice needed!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phoebe_cat

Reaction score
I'm a nail geek only, I know nothing of the world of beauty therapy!

I've got fairly thick dark upper lashes which are pretty straight and was considering getting them permed. Are the results very good, or is it barely noticable?

My bottom lashes are fair (weird, I know, lol) and there's about 8 of them:rolleyes:
is it possible to have permanent extensions on the bottom?

Also, if any of you know a good therapist near me (Sunderland/Newcastle) that would be great! :hug:

I'm a nail geek only, I know nothing of the world of beauty therapy!

I've got fairly thick dark upper lashes which are pretty straight and was considering getting them permed. Are the results very good, or is it barely noticable?

My bottom lashes are fair (weird, I know, lol) and there's about 8 of them:rolleyes:
is it possible to have permanent extensions on the bottom?

Also, if any of you know a good therapist near me (Sunderland/Newcastle) that would be great! :hug:
Hi,perming the lashes gives a fab result,I would suggest having them tinted at the same time to lighten the bottom ones.

I dont do lash extensions myself.Maybe get the perm and tint done first and see what the results are,if you still feel the bottom ones are sparce then maybe chatto someone who does lash extensions.HTH

Hi, I do eyelash perming and think the results are fab, they darker the lash the more effect. Because you have dark upper lashes already you may find that perming them will open up your eyes and make your lashes appear thicker and longer. You could have your bottom lashes tinted.
I don't do lash extensions so can't comment on them for lower lashes.

Thanx, think I will take the plunge!

How would you go about finding a reputable salon? Believe it or not, none of my friends or family are into beauty n nails, lol! So I can't get a recommendation...... What should I be looking for?

I think they will look great permed - go for it!

when you say you have 8 bottom lashes - do you mean in total or 8 dark ones?

I have never seen lash extension done on the bottom so not sure if it will look right.

I think Amydeman will be the best person to ask.

when you say you have 8 bottom lashes - do you mean in total or 8 dark ones?

In total really, I don't even bother putting mascara on them, as they look daft! When ever I see models in magazines, I'm so jealous of their lower lashes, (I know a lot of airbrushing goes on tho!) But I just feel my eyes dont look balanced if you know what I mean.....

In total really, I don't even bother putting mascara on them, as they look daft! When ever I see models in magazines, I'm so jealous of their lower lashes, (I know a lot of airbrushing goes on tho!) But I just feel my eyes dont look balanced if you know what I mean.....

Send Amydeman a pm - I am sure she will be able to give you some all round advice on this one.

Have a look at her web site (detailed on her public details) and theat should give you some idea of her expertise.

As other geeks have already said perming dark lashes give a fantastic result:green:

With regard to lash extentions, there isn't a permanent solution I do not believe (may be wrong) and lash extentions last only for 6 to 8 weeks - the time cycle of an eyelash.

You can either add strips - not sure about the bottom lashes - will have to go and check! Also you can have individual lashes attached to single eyelashes to make them look thicker average about 20 per eyelid- not sure that it would look effective if you only have 8 or so lashes on the bottom. There are different lengths and colours - it is very fiddly and costs an arm and a leg - average prob about £75.

HTHs:hug:

Eek:eek:

Will drop Amydeman a line I think, thanks guys!

Hi phoebe :green:

Eyelash Extensions would not be suitable to give the illusion of thicker and more abundant lower lashes, as a single eyelash extension must be placed on a single lower lash....so it would just accentuate your problem as you would only be able to extend the eight lashes you already have!

Have you thought of Talika Lipocils or the new Jan Marini lash thickening solutions, they encourage the growth of new lashes, so might be useful to you.

hth

Hi phoebe :green: Have you thought of Talika Lipocils

You know, I must be really stupid:grr:!!!!

I have used the above for over enthusiastic plucking of my eyebrows, n never gave it a thought to try on my lashes......

I had fab results on my eyebrows, will def give it a go, thanx soooo much for the advice:hug:

You know, I must be really stupid:grr:!!!!

I have used the above for over enthusiastic plucking of my eyebrows, n never gave it a thought to try on my lashes......

I had fab results on my eyebrows, will def give it a go, thanx soooo much for the advice:hug:

Just make sure you're careful when applying....someone I know got hair growing under their eyes from over-enthusiastic application :eek:

Good luck darling :green:

Just make sure you're careful when applying....someone I know got hair growing under their eyes from over-enthusiastic application :eek:

It's on order, n I promise I'll be careful, :eek: x

Latest posts

Back