Eyelash Emporium glue reaction

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carli692

Reaction score
Hi geeks I've been using eyelash emporium glue for my lash extensions. I find the glue has very strong fumes however it seems to last longer then any other glue I've used. Ive recently had two separate clients who have had the lashes regularly for some time and had no reaction for this time however when they have gone on holiday have had a reaction when back in the uk and there eyes have swollen. Anybody had this happen to them before? Xxx

Hi Carli,
It is quite common for people to react to the Cyanoacrylate glues. Sometimes it happens after they have had lashes for a really long time, sometimes it happens sooner. There are a couple of things you can do to help prevent it from happening. First of all, find a good low fume glue that dries quick. The glues that have Ethyl Cyanoacrylate tend to be the lower fume fast dry options. Second, the glues need moisture to cure, and if you cure the glue with a nebulizer or humidifier with a fine cool mist, you do not leave your client with the raw product on their lash line for 24-48 hours. Nail Techs are told not to leave raw product on their skin so they do not form contact dermatitis from exposure to the Acrylate in it. I believe it to be the same concept with the Cyanoacrylate in the glues we use. The quicker it cures, the less exposure our clients have to the raw product.

http://www.salongeek.com/blogs/eyelash+addict/19789-how-choose-your-eyelash-extension-glue.html

This is a link to a blog article I wrote that will help you to understand some of the properties of the glue, and might help you to choose your next glue.

HI, are you sure its the glue? I have had problems with clients reacting to the under-eye pads. See recent post...

HI, are you sure its the glue? I have had problems with clients reacting to the under-eye pads. See recent post...

It can also be an eye infection. Lots of times people don't clean their lash line when they have extensions because they fear losing extensions from washing them. What they don't realize is that the lashes you put on them is like a little shelf that holds all the dead skin cells, left over make-up, and who knows how many lash mites. It is the perfect recipe for an infection to start up, and it would start out the same as the symptoms for a glue allergy that is starting.

Hi there I use eyelash emporium ultra and I have stopped doing eyelashes because I am allergic to their glue. The clients never had any problems though ;)

Hi there I use eyelash emporium ultra and I have stopped doing eyelashes because I am allergic to their glue. The clients never had any problems though ;)

There are a few things you can do. First of all, it is important to find a low fume glue. (PM me if you would like information on a really good one.)

One thing that would cut the fumes is if you put your glue stone on a wet sponge. The moisture would cut the fumes. Also if you can have a fan blowing the fumes away from you it would help.

There are masks available that are carbon and are made to keep you from inhaling the fumes. I am not sure where you get those, but I would google them.

If you are used to working with a glue ring, go back to using a stone so the fumes are not as close to your nose.

Latest posts

Back