Eyelash extension advice for a newbie!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laura95

Reaction score
Hi,
I’m very new to eyelash extensions and finding I’ve got lots of questions so I’m hoping people may be able to offer me advise!
1. I’m using Tatti individual lashes and glue I love the look of them but they aren’t lasting on everyone as long as id hope, does anyone have experience with Tatti Lashes? Is it a good glue? What could I do better to ensure they last longer? I’m doing everything I was taught in my course but I’m sure there’s things I could do a lot better!
2. Is there a strong go to glue that everyone uses to make sure lashes last?
3. Can I use a brand of glue with a different brand of lashes or should I always use the same glue by the same make of lashes?
I just really want my lashes to last a lot longer than they seem to be, so any advise at all would really help! Thanks in advance

I have never used Tatti lash before so couldn’t comment on how good their lashes/adhesive are.

I use lash fx lashes & adhesive and don’t seem to have any bother! When I was a newbie to lashes (18 months ago I qualified so I’m still newish) lash retention was a big problem for me, and most of my troubleshooting has just come with lots of practice and a few things I picked up

- I don’t talk at all when doing lashes (it encourages people’s face/lashes to move and people talk with facial expressions a lot!
- I started off using a slightly slower setting adhesive (around 6-8 second set) allowing me to manipulate and move the lash to where I want it to 100% be which is great for lash placement practice. Now I use 1-2 second set.
- Client aftercare is key, any moisture to the lashes in first 48 hours and explaining all other aftercare

If you are not getting good results it could be the prep, application or also aftercare of your clients or it could be the products. Maybe have a chat with your trainer first to see if you can get some help and support as your trainer would know your products best? You need to find out first what is going wrong as changing products will not necessarily make a difference depending what is causing the problems x

i use different brands for glue lashes and gel take off! i use Emeda for fast blooming lashes (russian) lady black glue which holds up to three weeks and i use a Gel lash take off called Glam Gel remover which is good as you can get your clients to lay down as it wont run in to the eyes! seriously im so happy with my products right now and its given me confidence to know when i do a set i wont have problems with application! you dont need to use same brand products thats all im saying but give these a go thay are awesome!! they are available on amazon too :)

I use Lash Base glue, the retention has always been great - I also stock their sensitive glue but I only have to use this on 1 client.

Lashes I buy from a variety of places, I've not got a "favourite", but I've recently tried out Noir "self fanning" lashes (available from lashart) and was impressed by how easy they were to fan.

Good prep is essential, I also give them a really good brush so any that haven't stuck quite right can be dealt with before they go away. Aftercare is important, I give clients a card with aftercare notes on - this really helped when I first started as a lot of clients were new to extensions and didn't know how to take care of them.

Personally I would steer clear of any products you can buy from eBay or Amazon. When I first started out I used these sites to order lashes for practicing as they were cheap, but you can tell they're cheap. The feel of a £8 tray of lashes from Amazon is awful compared to the feel of a £15 tray of lashes from Lash Base/Eyelash Emporium etc. Same with glue - it may affect insurance if you're just buying any glue from eBay/Amazon rather than from a main supplier and I know I wouldn't feel comfortable taking the risk of using glue from on one of those sites

Oh i totally agree with you naomiiamy ! what are the noir lashes like? ive wanted to order some for a while :)

lady black glue is AMAZING! i agree and yea its so good with sensitive eyes.... no more tears haha!

i feel like if you know the product there isn't anything wrong with ordering them from Amazon i meant :) always do your research in to products like you say lash emporium and lash base are amazing too! i also literally googled the brand Emeda so many times and then ordered a sample and my i got amazing feedback from them!

i use different brands for glue lashes and gel take off! i use Emeda for fast blooming lashes (russian) lady black glue which holds up to three weeks and i use a Gel lash take off called Glam Gel remover which is good as you can get your clients to lay down as it wont run in to the eyes! seriously im so happy with my products right now and its given me confidence to know when i do a set i wont have problems with application! you dont need to use same brand products thats all im saying but give these a go thay are awesome!! they are available on amazon too :)

Personally I don't think "up to 3 weeks" makes it a great glue for retention, this is the bare minimum I would expect from eyelash extension glue.

Personally I don't think "up to 3 weeks" makes it a great glue for retention, this is the bare minimum I would expect from eyelash extension glue.
ok :) thank you x

Oh i totally agree with you naomiiamy ! what are the noir lashes like? ive wanted to order some for a while :)

lady black glue is AMAZING! i agree and yea its so good with sensitive eyes.... no more tears haha!

i feel like if you know the product there isn't anything wrong with ordering them from Amazon i meant :) always do your research in to products like you say lash emporium and lash base are amazing too! i also literally googled the brand Emeda so many times and then ordered a sample and my i got amazing feedback from them!

I like the Noir lashes, I've not tried their regular lashes, but the self-fanning ones were nice and easy to use and seem to have retained well so far. They were more expensive than their regular lashes, so I'm not sure I'd buy them again - they maybe saved me 10 minutes over an application but I can't say for sure if that's due to them being self-fanning or I was just having a fast day!

I like the Noir lashes, I've not tried their regular lashes, but the self-fanning ones were nice and easy to use and seem to have retained well so far. They were more expensive than their regular lashes, so I'm not sure I'd buy them again - they maybe saved me 10 minutes over an application but I can't say for sure if that's due to them being self-fanning or I was just having a fast day!
haha yea i know what you mean! i have fast days then others take what seems like years! haha thank you so much for the chat and advice have a nice day :) x

I have never used Tatti lash before so couldn’t comment on how good their lashes/adhesive are.

I use lash fx lashes & adhesive and don’t seem to have any bother! When I was a newbie to lashes (18 months ago I qualified so I’m still newish) lash retention was a big problem for me, and most of my troubleshooting has just come with lots of practice and a few things I picked up

- I don’t talk at all when doing lashes (it encourages people’s face/lashes to move and people talk with facial expressions a lot!
- I started off using a slightly slower setting adhesive (around 6-8 second set) allowing me to manipulate and move the lash to where I want it to 100% be which is great for lash placement practice. Now I use 1-2 second set.
- Client aftercare is key, any moisture to the lashes in first 48 hours and explaining all other aftercare
what glues did you use in the beginning and which one now? would be good to know

Latest posts

Back