Eyelash extension glue

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I brought to eyelash emporium glue and there remover and both of them really stung my eyes. Can anyone recommend the best non toxic individual eyelash glue and remover???

Did u use this eyes open on yourself??

Yes I normally put a tiny bit on the end of my strip lashes for a night out to hold them in place as I have probs with them lifting at ends!! Been doing this with my lash perfect glue and not had any bother before but this killed me!!

Yes I normally put a tiny bit on the end of my strip lashes for a night out to hold them in place as I have probs with them lifting at ends!! Been doing this with my lash perfect glue and not had any bother before but this killed me!!

It's not designed for that though. You shouldn't be using it with your eyes open at all. If your happy using it on yourself and lash perfect didn't bother u perhaps revert back to that. The gel remover is strong but then it has to be I guess to remove strong glue. U don't want the glue or the remover on your skin! No way. Sometimes strips lift at corner when they are too wide for the eye. Perhaps cut them a bit. Or put party lashes on yourself with a good cluster lash glue and they should last at least a weekend. I can get a good effect with party lashes on myself z

So you are using Semi Permanent Glue to apply strip lashes?

This glue is NEVER meant to touch the skin. I'm not sure if I have understood your post correctly but you should never use this glue with strip lashes (or with your eyes open)

So you are using Semi Permanent Glue to apply strip lashes?

This glue is NEVER meant to touch the skin. I'm not sure if I have understood your post correctly but you should never use this glue with strip lashes (or with your eyes open)

Glad it's not just me thinking omg! I've heard of clusters applied with sp glue which is bad enough but this is first time ive heard of strips applied with this glue :( x

You will build up an allergy to this glue by letting it touch your skin and this will progress rapidly and you run the risk of becoming very ill indeed. I assume you have never seen anyone with an allergy to these types of products, well I have and it is not funny. One of my friends, not a professional, decided to do this and nearly lost an eye the swelling was so bad!

This is a professional forum my darling and there are many very experienced techs here so I would take advice from them as it is meant with love and to avoid you damaging yourself permanently.

These glues are meant to be used on the lashes and not the skin that is why strip last adhesive is different. It is so dangerous to use these in a way they were not intended to be used.

It is so tempting when lashes don't stay on well but you need to take care of your health first. :|

I wasn't aware this is so bad to do as I am not trained in lashes and only do this on myself the occasional time I wear them! I won't be doing this in the future, I'll have to stick to corners that sometimes flick out, unless anyone knows of a good strip glue other than the ones that come with the lashes??? I understand it is a professional website darling, as I am trained as a nail tech which is why I thought of ask the pros some advice in this area....

I understand it is a professional website darling, as I am trained as a nail tech which is why I thought of ask the pros some advice in this area....

How Rude!

Shedunlop is one of the most genuine and helpful geeks on this forum.

As you have said yourself, you are not trained in lashes.

Those of us who are (myself, proper princess and Shedunlop amongst others) were only trying to help avoid the awful problems that occur when SP lash glue is used incorrectly.

You have come on here to ask advice from lash professionals. That is what you got. Please take it in the manner which it was intented ie, to help you (and any others who may find this post), and prevent any horrible reaction which may occur as a result of professional products being used incorrectly.

Weren't you posting on the nail forum recently saying S2 should not be selling to non nail professionals?

You are obviously passionate about the nail industry and want to keep it safe and professional. I feel the same about lashes.

In my opinion, Mac duo adhesive is the best glue for strip lashes.

I have been using Hollywood glue & lashes for years & I love them.

However your all tempting me to try something else?

Mine last 2-3 weeks?

Absolute bugger to soak off though!

I wasn't aware this is so bad to do as I am not trained in lashes and only do this on myself the occasional time I wear them! I won't be doing this in the future, I'll have to stick to corners that sometimes flick out, unless anyone knows of a good strip glue other than the ones that come with the lashes??? I understand it is a professional website darling, as I am trained as a nail tech which is why I thought of ask the pros some advice in this area....

I wouldn't find this so rude if I didn't think the use of the word darling was used to be patronising and sarcastic rather than endearing and friendly! Like ellibee says we are trying to help u! Because you asked! But a little respect wouldnt go a miss, your reply to sheldunlop wasnt with good intention. Good luck and all the best!

I think you will find that shedunlop used the word darling in her post to me which I actually found very rude, hence why I was trying to make a point!! I do agree that only professionals should use professional products on clients, but this is purely for my own use I would dream of doing this on clients. I was only politely asking advice, and I found shedunlops reply very patronising in parts.

Maybe I have read it wrong but like I say I only wanted to ask the pros for some help in this area.

I think you will find that shedunlop used the word darling in her post to me which I actually found very rude, hence why I was trying to make a point!! I do agree that only professionals should use professional products on clients, but this is purely for my own use I would dream of doing this on clients. I was only politely asking advice, and I found shedunlops reply very patronising in parts.

Maybe I have read it wrong but like I say I only wanted to ask the pros for some help in this area.

I'm confident her my darling was an affectionate one. Reading many many many of her posts im sure of it.

Can we get back to the glue?! :)

The end of it is that semi permanent adhesive should NEVER be used for anything other than semi permanent eyelash extensions not cluster or weekend or individual lashes and def not strip lashes!! The adhesive should not touch the skin!

Strip lashes should be applied with the adhesive they are supplied with or duo is also very good. Shu umera (sp?) adhesive is also especially good for strip lashes.

The end of it is that semi permanent adhesive should NEVER be used for anything other than semi permanent eyelash extensions not cluster or weekend or individual lashes and def not strip lashes!! The adhesive should not touch the skin!

Strip lashes should be applied with the adhesive they are supplied with or duo is also very good. Shu umera (sp?) adhesive is also especially good for strip lashes.

It should never have started!

I'm always baffled why this should have to be relayed so many times! Would people drink bleach when it says do not drink!

I think regardless of who a product is being used on... Yourself or a client if your told its not suitable you should accept this.

I'd say to keep trying as many strip glues as you can! I'm sure you will find one eventually.

If you had taken the time to get to know some geeks on here before posting you would have seen that 'my darling' is a phrase that I use all the time both here and in everyday life. By commenting the way you did it was you, in fact, that was rude!

You are not a lash professional and therefore should not be commenting in this forum about lashes at all. You are doing something that is extremely dangerous and we have many newbies here who may follow what you do thinking that you actually know what you are doing.

On this site, non professional means not being qualified in the subject that you are discussing. Hair geeks constantly report posts from nail and skin geeks because they post in the hair forum and are ill advised and this is correct.

You have been given good advice on here, you are not qualified in lashes and therefore should not be using any sort of semi permanent glue. If you had been qualified you would have known not to place it on the skin at all.

I hope you notice now the change in my tone, this is when I am not being friendly and I can assure you I am still not being rude!

This thread now needs to get back on track, if not it will either be closed or posts deleted.

If you had taken the time to get to know some geeks on here before posting you would have seen that 'my darling' is a phrase that I use all the time both here and in everyday life. By commenting the way you did it was you, in fact, that was rude!

You are not a lash professional and therefore should not be commenting in this forum about lashes at all. You are doing something that is extremely dangerous and we have many newbies here who may follow what you do thinking that you actually know what you are doing.

On this site, non professional means not being qualified in the subject that you are discussing. Hair geeks constantly report posts from nail and skin geeks because they post in the hair forum and are ill advised and this is correct.

You have been given good advice on here, you are not qualified in lashes and therefore should not be using any sort of semi permanent glue. If you had been qualified you would have known not to place it on the skin at all.

I hope you notice now the change in my tone, this is when I am not being friendly and I can assure you I am still not being rude!

This thread now needs to get back on track, if not it will either be closed or posts deleted.

I'd like to point out that you can burn your skin with this glue! I have done it! My little cousin asked to put her strips on with it so I actually put this glue on my eyelid to see the result before letting her! This was when I first started! I used a dot. I had a ten pence piece graze on my eye and that was lesson learnt! This is why I highly insist not using it for anything other than what it is for.

I'm off to research lash revolution! Have a happy day geeks. Kudos to you shedunlop x darling, babe, sweetie x :)

So has anyone used the hollywood lash glue V any other brands?

How do you find they compare?

I will have to take a look at my friends lashes to see what they look like up close.

Can you please answer a few more questions for me?

How long does it take you to do a full set (approximately 110-120) lashes?

Do you charge your clients 1-2 weeks=set price, then 3 weeks different price, etc? when I first started i tried to let clients come back when they felt they needed fill ins but found that most abused this and would come back a month later and wanted refills when they needed practically a new set.

Thanks in advance :)

Hi geeks,
I've been trained in lashes now for about a year, when I first qualified I used to practise on my sisters before I felt confident charging clients, however I found that they weren't lasting 2-3 weeks before infills and falling out after a matter of days, I trained with marvel lash and have seen a few negative posts about this brand, I enjoy doing lashes but my confidence in these particular lashes were knocked and i thought id stick to the treatments i am confident in, i haven't given up on lashes and have been on maternity for a while but feel I'm now ready to try again. However my confidence is really low. With marvel lash I wasn't shown about lash primers or sealants and am thinking I should maybe do a whole other course but I'm also thinking I've then wasted the money for the course I've been on. Am I right in thinking a primer would take any oils out of the natural lash and help the glue adhere properly therefore applying before the lashes? and a sealant after to help keep them bonded to the natural lashes? I've seen flirties are good but am I able to purchase the kit without training through them? Of course ideally it'd be best to train with the product however having three young children money is a bit tight. Sorry for the long winded post, I love this site, I don't comment very often but always read threads which help me in my other treatments and your advice would be much appreciated 😊
Tia x

Latest posts

Back