Eyelash extensions breaking lashes?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ellie_michellex

Reaction score
Okay so its late so im hoping my post is found and someone is able to provide some info.

So im an eyelash tech, love my job down to the ground and have many return ladies. As far as I am aware everyone who leaves my treatment is chuffed with their extensions.

I have been having a regular lady who sees me religiously every 2 weeks and I am starting to worry about her lashes. She has been coming to me for nearly 8 months and there has been a few times she has come to me where ive done a take off and full set and it seems that her natural lashes have broken in half...there stumpy and short and lost 50% of length, I apply a full set and by the next time she sees me they seem to be growing back to normal, she states that she doesnt pick or play with her lashes and from what I can tell she does follow aftercare correctly. Now I also do my sister in laws lashes and she has just had a break due to coming down with the flu ive noticed that her lashes have also lost the length. Is there something I am doing wrong with my application? I would be devastated if this caused permanent damaged to my ladies natural lashes so am looking for any advice.

Hi, i'm only a newbie to the lash industry so someone else may have better advice but maybe try with shorter lengths if possible or a lighter weight lash. I started off with 0.20's and now i wouldn't go over 0.15 for my stronger lash clients as not all naturals can support them, especially if they are longer in length. xoxo

Hi, i'm only a newbie to the lash industry so someone else may have better advice but maybe try with shorter lengths if possible or a lighter weight lash. I started off with 0.20's and now i wouldn't go over 0.15 for my stronger lash clients as not all naturals can support them, especially if they are longer in length. xoxo

Hey shannon, thanks for your reply. I was thinking to try this. Alot of my ladies whom come to me are after the thick look so I dont think they would like the result of a 0.15 but I think your right, 0.20 is going to be healthier for the natural lash without showing much difference in thickness. I will give this a go and hopefully it works, thank you x

Hey shannon, thanks for your reply. I was thinking to try this. Alot of my ladies whom come to me are after the thick look so I dont think they would like the result of a 0.15 but I think your right, 0.20 is going to be healthier for the natural lash without showing much difference in thickness. I will give this a go and hopefully it works, thank you x

Have you tried flat lashes? They appear thicker than they actually are which might help if it is the weights causing breakage. I haven't tried them myself but will be ordering some soon to try out on friends. xoxo

Latest posts

Back