Eyelash extensions -is that normal??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

july

Reaction score
Hi, guys, I've had Hollywood eyelash extensions 2 days ago and have to admit, I'm disspointed. She's used 25 lashes per eye, she's asked me how long I want them, I said not sure, whatever is natural. So, she's used 8mm and 14mm. But they look like spiders on my eyes.
They are so spars and unnatural, nothing like the pictures they advertise it.
Can you pls advise???
Thanks

Jules

hi, I do hollywood lashes as a treatment and also iam a trainer for them, I do think that if she has used 8mm and then 14mm but nothing inbetween i do think that you would not get the natural look, in my judgement i do think that maybe some in between should have been used to fill in gaps. I would recommend that you revisit the lady that applied the lashes and explain your concerns that you a little disappointed with the look.
the therapist should then be prepaired to put the work right.

Sorry i havent really given you any advice but hope this helps a little.
I would just like to add that i wear these lashes all the time and am very pleased with the look that i get.
:hug:

Hi, Emma, many thanks for your reply. I did say to her afterwards when she gave me the mirror that it wasnt as natural as I thought, she said it takes a while to get used to it...Is 25 eyelashed per eye the norm?
Thanks

Jules

Hi, Emma, many thanks for your reply. I did say to her afterwards when she gave me the mirror that it wasnt as natural as I thought, she said it takes a while to get used to it...Is 25 eyelashed per eye the norm?
Thanks

Jules

im not trained, but i would have said you needed at least double that to get a good effect.

i use clusters, which have aboout 7 - 8 lashes in each, and i use 4 or 5 of these just for outer eye, and i use up to 10 if im going all the way across. which if you think about it, makes 70 individual lashes.

all you can do really is go back and ask them to fill them out a bit more. did you pay alot for them? i know normal price is around £60 upwards. And after paying that fr them, if i wasnt happy, i wold definatly let them know.

I think it all depends on the persons natuaral lashes, some people might get away with 20 or so but I have used 40 on a person before. You should go back its a lot of money to pay if your not happy.

Hi, I must admit that they always look better after a day or two once they have found thier resting place, but if they still havnt done this and your still not happy with them go back and see the therapist where you had them done.
I would apply about 30-40 to get the look that the client would like, but if they go away and decide that they want a more full look they just come back to me and i will apply more as its still easy to apply new ones once a treatment has been completed. I also apply about 4 different sizes of the lashes to get a full look.

HTH.:hug:

I've never heard of such few lashes being used.
I apply a lash to every single one of my clients own lashes.....so if she has hundreds of lashes so be it...even though my heart sinks a little because I know how much longer that will take me compared to a client with sparse lashes. :rolleyes:

When I trained, I was advised to apply 60 - 100 lashes per eye...

Hiya, all the lashes fell off within a week, I went back to her and she offered to do it again free of charge. When I asked if she should apply more than 25 lashes per eye she said that it depends on the natural lashes and she was gonna re do it with 25 lashes. So, I took her offer of having a facial instead as it look horrible!!!!! It must';ve been just her not having had enough practise!

Jules

Latest posts

Back