Eyelash Extensions: Mascara: Advice Needed!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luce-loo

Reaction score
Hi geeeeeks,

Just a few quick questions about extensions and mascara / eyeliner.....

Can clients use ANY non-oil based mascara? -is this described as 'waterbased'?? ....I trained with flirties and am buying theirs but are there others that you can buy in the shops?

Stupid question coming: this means its not water proof I assume? So panda eyes in swimming pools etc.

How do you advise clients to then remove the water based mascara -I am concerned that with vigorous rubbing they are going to end up loosing lashes??

What make-up remover products do you recommend for clients with extensions? -Particularly girls that cant live with out eyeliner.

One of the girls used her standard mascara on her lashes, this went okay the once but I advised if she continued this would break the bonds on her lashes from the oils in it. Is this correct? She then just used a normal baby wipe to take it off. Are these okay to use on extensions??

Sorry for millions of questions, but these are the ones that are cropping up.....

Its annoying that the lashes are not coming up dramatic enough to not need mascara, I have been using 0.15 thickness 8mm & 10mm and just ordered some 0.2s 10mm & 12mm -hopefully this will help??

When doing infills for my 0.15 ladies will it be okay to drop in some 0.2s rather than re-do the whole set?

Thank you so much for the advice and support

xx

Hi geeeeeks,

Just a few quick questions about extensions and mascara / eyeliner.....

Can clients use ANY non-oil based mascara? -is this described as 'waterbased'?? ....I trained with flirties and am buying theirs but are there others that you can buy in the shops?

To be on the safe side, I retail my client the mascara that comes with my lashes - you know it will be ok & it's not as expensive as some mascaras in the shops

Stupid question coming: this means its not water proof I assume? So panda eyes in swimming pools etc.

Yep

How do you advise clients to then remove the water based mascara -I am concerned that with vigorous rubbing they are going to end up loosing lashes??

Again, i retail the eyemake up remover, but you can use a small amount of Johnsons baby shampoo mixed with alot of water to remove, they can make up a bottle. Few drops of shampoo & then fill with water if they are too tight to buy the right stuff Ask them to sweep the lash not rub & use tissue, not cotton wool

What make-up remover products do you recommend for clients with extensions? -Particularly girls that cant live with out eyeliner.

As above

One of the girls used her standard mascara on her lashes, this went okay the once but I advised if she continued this would break the bonds on her lashes from the oils in it. Is this correct? She then just used a normal baby wipe to take it off. Are these okay to use on extensions??

Make-up remover wipes generally are oil based and are not good for lash extensions, they will loosen the bonds.

Sorry for millions of questions, but these are the ones that are cropping up.....

Its annoying that the lashes are not coming up dramatic enough to not need mascara, I have been using 0.15 thickness 8mm & 10mm and just ordered some 0.2s 10mm & 12mm -hopefully this will help??

No reason why not, assuming the clients natural lash can 'take' a heavier lash, I use mostly .2s

When doing infills for my 0.15 ladies will it be okay to drop in some 0.2s rather than re-do the whole set?

Absolutley!

Thank you so much for the advice and support

xx

Hope that helps :)

Bev .... thank you thank you thank you thank you....oh ...and

THANK YOU x

i can't see anything like make up remover on flirties website, i can see remover to remove the lash extensions only? where did you get your eye make up remover from? that's a great idea about retailing that too! x

Sorry to jump in on the thread. Do you add any extra onto the price you buy the stuff for when retailing it?

Sorry to jump in on the thread. Do you add any extra onto the price you buy the stuff for when retailing it?

you buy the products at whole sale price and the supplier will have a rrp, there's a good mark up :) x

www.lashperfect.co.uk

Here you will find eye make up remover, cloths to use too for removing, sealants & mascara.The mascara is good btw.

Yes, I buy them at a trade price and retail them on at the rrp - which is probably on the site.

Happy to help xxx:D

hollywood lash do an aftercare kit that includes a comb, mascara and remover,,
i retail this and make a good profit, clients will pay it as they have just spent a fortune on the lashes so they want them to stay there best.
i have no idea why they want to wear mascara on them as i wear them and have no desire to wear it
i wear .2's xxxx

Hi
I sold the Max 2 mascara which I bought from Nouveau Lashes which I loved & so did my clients. Nouveau have brought out their own mascara now & don't sell Max 2 mascara. However the warning on the new Nouveau mascara package is really scary & I wouldn't put it near my eyes never mind sell it to my clients! Does anyone know where i can still buy the Max 2 mascara cos I really liked it & so did my clients?

Just to add to the good advice already given, I find that most of my clients don't need to use mascara on top lashes but sometimes wish to use on the lower lashes so it is good to retail. I also advise that if the client is wearing mascara on the top lashes, that she only puts it on to the upper half of the lash and not all the way through as usual. This avoids the clients rubbing at the bonded area when she removes it as this can weaken the bond there.

Hope that helps :hug:

Latest posts

Back