Eyelash extensions not going great

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poshpinks

Reaction score
Hi guys ur help would be greatly received , I have been practicing eyelashes for the last couple of months and I am getting more comfortable with doing them but I always have one great eye and one completely rubbish eye . I am also finding I'm just not getting the look I want and how long should I be working towards for a full set?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek

It sounds as though you are positioning yourself much better to do the good eye than the bad eye. If so, you need to sort of move/roll your chair from side to side to position yourself in the best position to place the lash.

If you mean how long does a set take, for me its about 1.5hrs and that will give at least 80 lashes per eye but I have been doing it for some years and I don't think Im particularly fast, I prefer to take my time and produce a good set of lashes than rush it

H xx

What Heatherp said! LOL ^^^^^^

Thank u I will try this , I did want to upload some photos for u guys but its not allowing me to which is a same as it helps to have constructive criticism :~\

I only started a few weeks ago and was really struggling (mine were absolutely rubbish !) but are so much better now and look almost exactly how I want them to.
A quick thought tho , when you say you have one good eye and one bad one are you doing one eye at a time or are you going between eyes as you put the lashes in as if your only doing one first then the other changing between the two may help?
I still take around 2hrs to do a full set and was really disheartened when I started but it does just take time and practice so don't give up xxxxx

Yeah I seem to concentrate on one eye at a time my right eye is always good and the left is well not so good , maybe I will have to try doing each eye in turn . I'm taking about 2hours so hopefully I will in time get my time down . I'm finding it hard to get people to practice on and don't know if I should be charging them?

You should be charging them something, even if its fairly reduced to cover your products and a little of your time.

I think offering them completely free can sometimes worry potential clients as they wonder what they are letting themselves in for.

H xx

I have just finished my assessment lashes, but am going to be offering them cheap to clients as I am now properly qualified and insured, but I have one friend who I'm really trying out different things on, and she gives me (brutally) honest feedback which I find really helps! I'm used to being really good at things, but find lashes SO hard. I have picked up a lot of great support, thoughts and ideas from SG - thanks all!

You should definitely switch sides as you are working to ensure an even amount of lashes, even lengths and to allow the glue to dry!
Maybe try something like - left eye...one lashe to outer, one lash to middle, one lash to inner. -repeat with right eye - back to left eye and so on. That way you'll know exactly where you are. Also we get tired half way through so one eye would always have more enthusiasm if done first.

Positioning is a huge factor. I stand to lash otherwise I can't keep moving around. I like to look from all angles as I work.

A full set take 1.5 to 2 hours xx

Latest posts

Back