Eyelash Extention Glues

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi I am new to this site.

I have been doing semi permanent eyelash extensions for a year now and have always brought my products from a reputable company.

However, over the last few months I have had a few clients complain about the fumes in the glue getting to the back of their noses and throats.

I have 3 different types of glue of varing strenghts. I know that the more sensitive glues have a less effective bonding.

Can anyone reccomend a good glue??
Thanks

Hey

I'm exactly the same, have been doing them for just under a year and the glue I had been using is SO fumey and my clients noses run/tickle- I even struggle using the glue and it's becoming impossible! I then used lash base glue which was much gentler, but lasted 2 weeks! Not good- I need something in between, I don't mind a few fumes but not to a point where the client is uncomfortable. Bond time is essential in my eyes.

Any ideas? I keep hearing about this flirties glue and AH Francis, but does anyone else use these brands?

I use Glamlash glue which is quick drying and is odourless, I haven't used any others so can't compare it to anything else but I am very happy with it.

Annie

I use flirties glue and have never had problems with fumes

I've just bought lash base q1 glue, haven't tried it yet but need something a bit faster and it was recommended.

I use Salon System Black glue and it's odourless and very strong :) also only £3 a bottle!

I use Salon System Black glue and it's odourless and very strong :) also only £3 a bottle!

This won't be for semi permanent lashes at that price.

I use Glamlash glue which is quick drying and is odourless, I haven't used any others so can't compare it to anything else but I am very happy with it.

Annie
hey chick were do u buy that glue from ? x

I use the Flirties expert strength, I did use the Lash Perfect one but it wasnt as good as this one, I think you will always get an odd client that reacts to the fumes though, I have 1 client at the moment that it bothers, (fumes) but she still has them done, but she has hay-fever so thinks it will go again soon, as she was fine before this :)

Hi,

Ah francis do a glue without any fumes called problend plus and ive been told its the strongest bonding formula without the fumes. I've never had any problems with it and never known anybody to have a reaction.

The next one up from that is level 3 which does have some fumes in it and you would need to do a patch test.

x

I've only started doing eyelash extensions and need to find the best glue etc.
I did some training in college and also tried them out on a few people, however the lashes didn't last long at all only a few days. Not sure if it has been me because of lack of experience and may need to go on a full eyelash extension course? Or the glue i'm using which is the salon system black glue like fluffydreams. Any advice will be brilliant, also if anyone uses Lash Perfect lashes and glue.
Thanks x

I would say its the glue as £3 a bottle is very cheap. If you want a good quality glue you will need to look at spending a bit more! The glue i get is £29 a bottle and lasts for 3months once opened.

Also it could be the aftercare. if clients are rubbing their eyes or using oil based make up removers then this can damage the lashes and they wont last as long. Also they should use a mascara specially formulated for eyelash extensions. The one i get from ah francis does the trick and it has a bit of adhesive in it to help prolong the life of lashes! :)

Hope this helps.
x

Hi, do you know if you haven't trained in ah francis can you still buy their products? Does it affect insurance? xx

Yeah you can buy their products and as far as i know it doesnt affect insurance.
I do know that if you want to do their express training you have to be trained in individuals first but it doesnt matter what company you originally trained with as long as you bring a copy of your certificate along!!

If you phone them in the office they will probably send you a price list if you want. or go online ahfrancis.com

xx

Hey,
i use Lashbond Adhesvie Bought From Hollywood Lashes, its £35.00 a bottle and lasts for 9 months. It contains no solvents and is odourless. I have had no complaints as yet and have been using it well over a year. :)

Latest posts

Back