Eyelash Perming

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeckyH

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Dont mean to sound cheeky but wondered if I dare ask how much you charge for eyelash perming? And how much you charge for your tinting? For e.g do you discount an eyelash tint if they have just had there eylashes permed? Have recently qualified so was just trying to price myself. Am thinking about £25 for the perm and £30 with the tint?
All answers much appreciated. xx

Hi ya,

I dont know how much to charge but we were taught at college that you can not tint the eyelashes before perming as the colour of the lashes will be lightend by the treatment process. And eyelash perming is effective after but perming, but a minimum of 24 hrs should be allowed after perming, so you wouldnt offer a combined price surely?

Well in my course we did both, I have heard this before so mentioned this and my tutor said it was fine. I had mine permed then tinted and there fine, I did the same for my model and hers are fine.I know that thuya kits you can perm & tint together as this is one of their main selling points. I could be wrong but thats what I have been taught.

I think it depends on the perming and tinting products you use.
Some can be done at the same time and some have to be done separately.

Well I'll be blown, you learn something new every day.

I use Thuya perming and tint.curl up and dye, I charge £30, I live in the south

I was taught at college that they can both be done together but the tint would have to be done first as when you perm, it opens up the cuticle and they can remain slightly open for upto 24hrs. This can then in turn make the tint result look patchy.
So we were always taught if it NEEDS to be done together, tint first them perm??

I use Thuya perming and tint.curl up and dye, I charge £30, I live in the south

What a cool name for a product.

(I think sometimes maybe our tutors are a tad out of touch with the changes to products).

I think maybe I'll give curl up and dye a whirl now I know its ok to do both :).

I charge £30.00 for a perm and £35.00 including a tint. I also use Thuya brand as it is the only brand that clearly advertises the fact that both treatments can be carried out together.:)

I was taught the exact opposite - perm first, then tint! I use Salon Systems. Have to say it's a real faff trying to tint newly permed lashes.

Is there a trainer out there who can give a definitive answer: which comes first the tinting or the perm?

xxx Sugar xxx

Is thuya anygood then? Im currently using hive perming and hive tints as thats what I trained with. its double the price of thuya but im going to build confidence 1st then change products. This thread has put doubt in my mind, im scared nect set I do will fall out lol. Does anybody perm AND tint with hive? xx

I didnt use Hive but was taught to perm first and then tint straight away afterwards and never had any problems.The tint always takes quicker after perming so would only need to be left on for 5 mins.We charged £35 inc ELT

same here perm then tint ..well with the rubbish tinting\perming kit that i used from college now i use refectocil (9 colours to choose) thats different you perm first then 24hrs later you tint.i charge 25 pounds for COMBO ELT\ELP (clients are happy to come bk next day)

I use Thuya and perm and tint together, but the perm has to be done first then the tint afterwards.

The same with hair on the head, if you were to tint first then perm, the perm would remove some of the tint, therefor undo the work you had done on the tinting

Thanks guys,
think im going to charge £25 for a perm, £30 with the tint.
I think this is reasonable xx

I find the problem with tinting and perming (while lashes still on rod) is that you can't get right down the roots of the lash.

i was allways taught to perm then tint xx

Pazzy do you tint whilst the lashes are still on the rod?xx

Hi

I was taught to perm then tint afterwards but not while you still had them on the rods!!

Can you actually do it like that? sounds interesting but like you say how do you get right up to the base of the lashes..

Just shows there is more than one way to do things. Interesting thread.

I dont have two prices for tint and perm at the same time as no one seems to ask for perming at the moment.

Lisa

I only tinted them on my lashes - cos I was too lazy to take them off.

It worked fine - just doesnt get right to the roots.

I wouldn't reccomend it though. Shame though cos it was easier to take it off altogether.

Latest posts

Back