Eyelash question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TB1976

Reaction score
Hi

Got a question about getting a set of lashes looking thicker...

I mostly use Thickness 0.20 and Length 8,10,12

My question is....when adding the longer lashes how do i know how many to add?? I keep seeing threads on here stating you need to just fill fill fill with shorter lashes to bulk them out but if I don't add enough longer lashes will it give a horrible spider leg effect...or they wont look long enough????? I must admit I haven't been building a frame that the course taught me as I find it easier to just start on the inner eye...could this be the problem???

Sorry if it doesnt quite make sense.....I'm starting to think I may not ever get the results I want...and give up:cry:

Hi there...I'm really new to EE, but did one of my case studies last night I'm really pleased with the way they came out. It took me five hours but they were done really well. The girl had pretty long lashes and wanted more volume than length. I did most of the eye with .15 x 12 and filled in with .20 x .8 and .10. I used a C curl which I find really opens up the eyes.

I would definitely recommend building the framework with your longer lashes and then working out to in. It also depends on your client's natural lashes. Her's were pretty much one length.

Good luck!

Hi

Got a question about getting a set of lashes looking thicker...

I mostly use Thickness 0.20 and Length 8,10,12

My question is....when adding the longer lashes how do i know how many to add?? I keep seeing threads on here stating you need to just fill fill fill with shorter lashes to bulk them out but if I don't add enough longer lashes will it give a horrible spider leg effect...or they wont look long enough????? I must admit I haven't been building a frame that the course taught me as I find it easier to just start on the inner eye...could this be the problem???

Sorry if it doesnt quite make sense.....I'm starting to think I may not ever get the results I want...and give up:cry:
Hi is the client wanting long and thick lashes? If so then filling with shorter lashes in betweenwon't really give the effect they are looking for. I would tend to use the longer ones and taper in at the inner eye. To get a fuller thicker look, it is really just a case of applying more lashes to be honest. A full set would most likely be at least 80lpe, how many are you applying to each eye? xxx

Hi is the client wanting long and thick lashes? If so then filling with shorter lashes in betweenwon't really give the effect they are looking for. I would tend to use the longer ones and taper in at the inner eye. To get a fuller thicker look, it is really just a case of applying more lashes to be honest. A full set would most likely be at least 80lpe, how many are you applying to each eye? xxx

Thanks for the info. I have no clue how many I'm applying on each eye, I don't know how anyone counts them as I'm concentrating too much to remember to count, I have a feeling I'm applying roughly 60 each eye.

I am having exactly the same problem, I'm using .20 thickness but still can't seem to gain thickness. I am adding plenty of lashes but seem to have gaps. Any tips how to over come this would be very welcomed.

I find that mine look amazing and thick when the clients eyes are still closed but when they open them they don't seem anywhere near as full looking

Do you tape up some of the lashes first??? If your client wants long and thick I would try using a few of 0.2 9's inner corner then a few of 11's (just to first quarter of eyes)then then fill fill fill with 13's all the rest of the way along, they look amazing and full and my clients love them!in a b or c curl.
Give it a try x

Once you have lashed every available lash that you can see, then taping up the extended lashes with detacked tape if a great way of exposing more lashes hidden underneath. If you are only getting 60lpe on and can't find any other lashes then it could be that your extended lashes are sticking to more than one lash because the glue hasn't dried quickly enough before touching other lashes. Hope that makes sense xxx

I find that mine look amazing and thick when the clients eyes are still closed but when they open them they don't seem anywhere near as full looking

This is exactly what happens to me! You spend hours putting them on and when they open their eyes you feel a bit deflated.
i think its because we have seen so many lashes and are used to them now. and being sat in that position for so long with their eyes closed, we just get used to how they look from that angle. Clients still get up and say "wow" when they look in the mirror whilst im squinting and criticising myself lol!

Also about getting the thickness...i havent really tried it but i think putting a few shorter ones in with the longs ones will thicken them out. Or just dont go too long to start with. Also if the lady hasnt got very many lashes to start with then you wont be able to create a very thick look.

I've got some lashes that are 0.07. because they are so fine you can put more than one on a lash and build up the thickness. They last so much longer too as they are lighter and softer. i find them great for older ladies who have maybe got quite fine sparse lashes..beautiful, would recommend then to anyone! xx :D

Once you have lashed every available lash that you can see, then taping up the extended lashes with detacked tape if a great way of exposing more lashes hidden underneath. If you are only getting 60lpe on and can't find any other lashes then it could be that your extended lashes are sticking to more than one lash because the glue hasn't dried quickly enough before touching other lashes. Hope that makes sense xxx

Jenx, I must admit that I have never tried this even though I knew that this practice existed. I'd be too afraid to damage the extensions by bending them backwards with tape. Do you do this often? Any tips when taping the extensions? I will try this when next lashing my sister.

You can also do this the other way round. Tape the lashes up first and do all the underneath lashes. You can then let some of the taped up lashes down and then lash them.

This is a great thread, thankyou!

You can also do this the other way round. Tape the lashes up first and do all the underneath lashes. You can then let some of the taped up lashes down and then lash them.

It sounds really fiddly!!
I can't wait to try it out though! I'm going to try using the straighter J or even B curls in 9mm or 10mm for the underneath lashes to fill and then use the longer lengths on top in a C curl for the design I want to create on my sister. I wonder will the underneath lashes take the weight of .20s or should I stick to .15s for these, in case they start dropping down over time?

Ooh can't get on the thread you posted! Will give it a try!! Have any of the geeks who posted on this thread given it a go? I agree that they look great until I take tape and pads off and client stands up then I'm always gutted they don't look lush and full. I've tried diff lengths and j and c curl. Will keep reading threads for advice and getting practice in xx

Latest posts

Back