Eyelashes: sticky tape and eye lash tinting...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luce-loo

Reaction score
Hello geeks! ..... a couple of quick questions for all you eye lash experts .....

I have a customer who dyes her own eyelashes as she is very fair, she has been having infill's but I have noticed that new blond hairs are growing through now and they are quite hard to work with. For people like this what do you do? I don't want have to keep taking them all off, getting her to dye them and reapply them, but is that the only way?

Also when doing infills if you notice a lash lifting, or not bonded very well where it has started to grow out, do you grab the doner lash and peel the extension off? Or do you use remover product? I have been peeling them off but the natural lash then goes all curly and is virtually impossible to apply a new lash to.... I have tried remover, but it takes ages and I am worried about affecting the bonds of the neighbouring extensions ...

Also how do you get on with the microporous tape? I find its quite painful for people to take off and gets stuck to their bottom eyelashes, can anyone recommend a better product? .... I dont want to spend mega bucks (or have to pay £7.50 delivery) but I do defo need to try something different....

THANKS!! :)

Hey,

I would recommend the lashes to be completely removed after a couple of infills. Tint and re apply a full set.

As for the removal of individual lashes, you should never peel them off always use micro bruhes with remover. I suppose it depends on what brand you are using on whether it is good enough to remove quickly.
I trained witgh ah francis and have found their products to be the best although more expensive.

Some micro pore tape is stiickier than others. Go to your local chemist and ask them for their least sticky micro pore tape. I found it is fine on most people however use eye shields on those who are hyper sensitive or have a lot of fine facial hairs around the eyes.

Hope this helps.

Hello geeks! ..... a couple of quick questions for all you eye lash experts .....

I have a customer who dyes her own eyelashes as she is very fair, she has been having infill's but I have noticed that new blond hairs are growing through now and they are quite hard to work with. For people like this what do you do? I don't want have to keep taking them all off, getting her to dye them and reapply them, but is that the only way?

Also when doing infills if you notice a lash lifting, or not bonded very well where it has started to grow out, do you grab the doner lash and peel the extension off? Or do you use remover product? I have been peeling them off but the natural lash then goes all curly and is virtually impossible to apply a new lash to.... I have tried remover, but it takes ages and I am worried about affecting the bonds of the neighbouring extensions ...

Also how do you get on with the microporous tape? I find its quite painful for people to take off and gets stuck to their bottom eyelashes, can anyone recommend a better product? .... I dont want to spend mega bucks (or have to pay £7.50 delivery) but I do defo need to try something different....

Tape is a bodge and wrong IMO, if you have the right (and the best)pads you dot need it, its not nice on a client. The best pads to not make the eyes sting (3D pads do not have q10 in them, and dont slip)

cheap tape, cheap adhesive, cheap lashes is why the market is now flooded with lash and lashers, people doing full sets for £50-£60 is a big problem and the standards across the UK are dropping daily, as anyone who has been doing them 4+ years, its 99% bad stuff now.

Tape = NO

Su x

I would never recommend peeling the extension off because if you have done a good job in applying the extension the bond would be good and you would rip the natural lash out with the extension or at least severely damage the natural lash. Simply apply a bit of remover onto the microbrush, keep the neighbouring lashes apart and make sure you apply the remover only to the extension you want to remove. It only takes a few seconds for the remover to work.

I know there is different view on here but i would tape the lower lashes down with the surgical tape and then place the gel pads over the tape to calm and soothe the area and all clients and students absolutely love this extra treat.
If you find the tape too sticky or your client has got sensitive eyes you can put a bit of vaseline under it (only a very thin layer) and you should have no problems
hth
:hug:

I would never recommend peeling the extension off because if you have done a good job in applying the extension the bond would be good and you would rip the natural lash out with the extension or at least severely damage the natural lash. Simply apply a bit of remover onto the microbrush, keep the neighbouring lashes apart and make sure you apply the remover only to the extension you want to remove. It only takes a few seconds for the remover to work.

I know there is different view on here but i would tape the lower lashes down with the surgical tape and then place the gel pads over the tape to calm and soothe the area and all clients and students absolutely love this extra treat.
If you find the tape too sticky or your client has got sensitive eyes you can put a bit of vaseline under it (only a very thin layer) and you should have no problems
hth
:hug:

Vaseline ? NO, WHY? that's bad advice.

Not an opinion this time a fact, and why there is so much bad training out there.

This can and will stain through 3M tape, a blink of the eye, and you cant control this, when taking it off will bring the lower lashes in contact with the Vaseline, this will be on the skin, or tape as you remove.

This in turn touches the top lashes, one of the worst and fastest things to remove lashes is petroleum.

All these poor courses, being one day only and sending in case study pictures via post or mail, is really immoral and not helping the industry.

It produces the above.

Su x

hit report. x

Vaseline ? NO, WHY? that's bad advice.

Not an opinion this time a fact, and why there is so much bad training out there.

This can and will stain through 3M tape, a blink of the eye, and you cant control this, when taking it off will bring the lower lashes in contact with the Vaseline, this will be on the skin, or tape as you remove.

This in turn touches the top lashes, one of the worst and fastest things to remove lashes is petroleum.

All these poor courses, being one day only and sending in case study pictures via post or mail, is really immoral and not helping the industry.

It produces the above.

Su x

hit report. x

Glad you take this so seriously and know the courses on the market by heart ...far too many people on here passing comments and judging products and courses without having used them or been on the courses
and yes i agree it would be great if all companies would take that much care in their training :hug:

i use "pads" on the bottom lashes. had some that contained q10 in them, and a couple of clients said they did irritate their eyes. i got some others however, that dont contain that enzyme and have no complaints yet!!

I was taught to use micropore with vasaline on my course and have had no problems so far...

Last edited:
I would not recommend to tint natural lashes while she has individual lashes on - but i know many tech's do this and have no problems...
For bottom lashes I always use gel pads and clients comment that they found that tape is very harsh for their bottom lashes and are pleased I'm using gel pads - they always stay as my regulars! You can purchase pads from here (delivery is free so you don't have to worry about that) Lashes - Margarita Belska
Good luch :hug:

Latest posts

Back