Eyelashes too small?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Layla-Louise

Reaction score
I remember my college teacher telling me that short eyelashes would contra-indicate eyelash tinting but how short is short for the treatment?
Just on Tuesday i have a client that wants eyelash tinting and im worried her eyelashes might be too small & i'll have 2 tell her No how would i say it without upsetting her?
has anyone had this problem before?

thankyou

hi

i cant remember small eyelashes being a contraindication to eyelash tinting?Although it can be very very fidderly.

I normally use 1 damp cotton wool pad cut in half moon shapes with vasaline underneath to stop the tint from penetrating. But a good tip is to peel one of the half moon cotton pads into two this way it isnt really bulky underneath the eye and you can make sure all the lashes are on show to tint. I think that small lashes are really good to do this treatment on as you can see an amazing difference.

Hope this helps xxx

Thankyou lauren thats a good tip i will try a seperate the cotton wool into two halves cos i agree sometimes it can be bulky under the eyes i'll defintely give it a try anyway i dont want 2 have 2 tell her she cant have the treatment when shes looking forward 2 it

Yes i know things can be tricky sometimes! Hope iv helped xxxx

Yes you have thankyou im always cautious about tinting eyelashes too not that i've had a diaster with it touch wood lol but just because of all these horror stories you hear but i do ensure i read Manufacturers instructors and carry out the right procedure & even if clients moan about a skin patch test i wont do it if they dont have one 24 hours before i explain that its not worth the risk i think it would be good if i could print out a photo/pic of someone that hasnt had a skin patch test to let them know how important it is.

I have the same problem so many people moan but i never do the tint unless they have had a test, even if they have had it done before elsewhere. Dont know where you could get a picture from but that is a really good idea!

Hiya:)
I have never heard of short eyelashes being a contra-indication to tinting either??:confused:
I always thought that if a client has short stubbly lashes then tinting will really emphasise them! I wonder if she meant eyelash perming? as thats a real nightmare with very short lashes.
As long as you put the cotton pad under the eye which has already been mentioned I cant see you having too much of a problem.
So dont panic hun, and if your client has very short lashes at least you know they will look 100% emphasised afterwards:)
good luck x

I did manage fine with my client that came in last week all that worrying for nothing lol
i just wanted to ask does everyone have tint in there dishes after tinting i always feel like its a waste even though i read Manufactures instructions to mixing ratio's i use hive so only use 2cm tint & 2-3 drops of perioxide with it.
Also with a skin patch test is one drop of perixiode significant?

Also while im on the subject of tinting today when i did another eyelash tint i found that a few of the eyelashes in the corner of the eye could of been tinted better even though i do apply enough tint and used oval cotton wool pads cut around the eye area in a half moon shape.
Is there anyway to ensure the corners are covered do you think its because i didnt split the cotton wool and it the two layers it comes with should of been one that i used?
help would be apreaciated thankyou

Hi Layla-Louise,

Well done!!! It's always scarey at first but it's all a learning curve. It sounds like maybe the cotton pads covered the lashes a little bit. It could also have been that a little bit of vaseline got on them too. I always pat the pads down with a clean orange wood stick before tinting to make sure they are well under the lashes if that makes sense? Unfortunately I always have wasted tint too. it's best to stick to the amounts the manufactorers state. I know it seems a waste but its always best to be safe even for patch tests because that is the ratio you would be using on the eyes xx

Latest posts

Back