Eyes sticking together when doing party lashes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicola0201

Reaction score
how can i prevent eyes sticking together when doing party lashes? i've tried all different glues, different amounts of glue and nothing seems to work. can you get anything to put under the eye? we didn't when i trained but i'm sure things have change since the victorian era!

tape down bottom lashes with micropore so upper lashes are sitting on it and apply your lashes x

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

oh god never thought of that. well this will save clients tears! thanks for that:biggrin:

Bless... Another thing is a gel pad under each eye so they get a little mini eye mask during treatment too x

how can i prevent eyes sticking together when doing party lashes? i've tried all different glues, different amounts of glue and nothing seems to work. can you get anything to put under the eye? we didn't when i trained but i'm sure things have change since the victorian era!

Hi there,
I was trained to put gel lash pads over bottom lashes and whilst applying the top lashes hold the clients eyelid stretched out so that you are kind of straightening out the lashes (2 fingers next to thumb - one placed on the outer corner of her lid and one on the inner corner, kind of splaying out the lid if that makes sense). The lid remains closed but with your fingers you are kind of stretching it out so it doesn't totally come into contact with her bottom lashes/the pad and it separates the top lashes, making it easier to apply them.

Also, every couple of lashes (whilst continuing to hold onto the lid) just look at her from the front to see that the top lashes are not getting stuck to the bottom.

Most important, odourless glue, or her eyes will stream.

Best of luck

Julie
xxx

Latest posts

Back