ez flow prep? just a quick question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

linzwee

Ice Hockey Geek
Reaction score
hello peeps, just a quickie, which file do you use to remove the shine during the prep? I was taught to use the wolf but i totally think that this is too harsh, am i right? xx

Me too i think is very harsh, personaly i use 240 grit file, for me works great.

I was taught to use a wolf too, but I thought it too harsh, so started using the sand shark instead to remove shine, and I didnt have any problems.hthsx:hug:

brill thanks xxx

It's the Grey Fox for gently removing shine. HTH

It's the Grey Fox for gently removing shine. HTH

cathie's rite... its the grey fox you use ;)

heres the ezflow prep

1.Gently push back the cuticle using the spoon end of the Pro Pusher.
2.Remove the non living tissue carefully from the nail plate – using the knife remover end of the Pro Pusher.
3.Remove shine from the nail plate using a sanitizable 180-grit Grey Fox Pro File
4.Remove the dust and dead skin from the surface of the nail using a sanitised manicure brush or a lint free wipe.
5.Apply two coats of EzBond to the natural nail to cleanse and dehydrate the surface of the nail plate. Apply two coats of EzFlow Nail Primer, allowing to dry to a chalky white finish.

hth

Jess
xox

ohh... now i'm in a pickle. on the prep tutorial it says 240 grit. is that just cause it was done using creative products?

ohh... now i'm in a pickle. on the prep tutorial it says 240 grit. is that just cause it was done using creative products?
the tutorial on the geek site?......
yeah.... we teach to use the grey fox

Just curious,what grit is the grey fox ?

Sorry,don't mean to hijack the thread,but does easy flow require such a low grit to be used for adhesion ?

Sorry,don't mean to hijack the thread,but does easy flow require such a low grit to be used for adhesion ?
EZFlow teach that you should gentlry remove shine using the 180 Grey Fox, not hack away at the nail plate with it.

The Grey Fox file isn't a black grit type of file it is made of a much less abrasive material than black grit. :hug:

:confused: 180 is 180 doesn't matter what it's made from does it ?as grit measures the roughness or smoothness,now i'm confused :hug:

:confused: 180 is 180 doesn't matter what it's made from does it ?as grit measures the roughness or smoothness,now i'm confused :hug:
To be honest I don't know the correct answer to that but I do know that for example the 180 grit green boomerang buffer from CND does not have the same affect on an enhancement as the 180 side of the Hot Shot file....both are 180 grit but made of different materials.

As for using the 180 Grey Fox to gently remove shine from the nail plate, it's the way I was taught and as far as I am aware I haven't ever removed more than shine when using this system.

I thought grit measured the amount of 'bits' in a certain set area....therefore 'bits' made from a less abrasive substance would be less abrasive than the same grit made in a more abrasive substance.

I believe it is back from the day when all files were made from same and then grit was directly comparable. As already stated I don't truly believe they are now as I find one 180 totally different from some others and likewise with other grits.

These days there are many more gentle papers available to make files, they are not merely sandpaper anymore. Different papers (each made from differnt materials) wear down at different rates and therefore work and feel softer than others.

Question for all: at what grit would you consider it "a buffer" ?

Question for all: at what grit would you consider it "a buffer" ?

Excellent question Carl, and not one I know a definitive answer for, but considering the files and buffers I use, I would say that buffers seem to start from around the 1000 grit level.

However, as stated its all subjective really, as different ranges and materials will have such an effect on results.

Latest posts

Back