EzFlow Pastel Flowers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stefanied

Reaction score
Hoping that someone can offer some advice. I just purchased the EzFlow Pastel Flowers kit and am having trouble with a few of the colors. For some reason a few of the colors appear marbled ~ the color isn't smooth and even. I tried using the powder straight out of the kit and then tried again after shaking up the jar but still no luck. It works okay if I apply it really wet and then kind of mix it up with my brush on the nail ~ which is a huge pain!

Has anyone experienced this? Any suggestions? All of the other colored/glitter acrylics that I use from EzFlow have been great so I'm really suprised by this. Do you think it's a defective batch of acrylic?

Any help is greatly appreciated as I haven't been able to get into contact with EzFlow's technical support.

Have you tried working with a dry ratio? I've found with some powders you need to play around with the ratios. HTH

I am having the exact same problem with it, thought it was just me.

Thanks, I'll try the dry ratio and see if that works.

When I pick up the ball all the white is on top and the color is on the bottom. So if I apply it directly to the nail as usual it would just appear white. If I turn the ball over and then apply then the color shows up but it's inconsistent and mottled.

Glad it's not just me having probs with this.

It does sound as if your using it to wet. Try to get the ratio more medium to dry.

give your powders a good stir, also i think that the base white in the pastel collection is comp white so has a quicker setting time...but make sure you give them a good stir and shake.
brilliant for 3d design but dont work too dry if doing full enhancements or tips with them due to the fast setting time.

another tip I found helpfull was;
rather than placing the bead as normal, you roll the bead off the brush.
So when you pick up the bead, the surface you look at will be the surface of the bead on the nail. (its hard to explane! lol) as normally when you place your bead the surface of the bead once placed on the nail is the part of the bead that was in contact with the brush.
I found this really helped to stop the marbling.
Give it a try and see if it works for you

the pastel flower collection powders are designed to marble. this is so that you can create a colour fade when doing 3d alot easier.

if you want to use them as a free edge colour, i'd advise you to use a few smaller applications and watch your ratio. this will only work with a few of the pastel collection though.

:green: Thanks everyone for your help! I tried all the suggestions and it seems that the solution is to work with a dryer ratio and then work fast 'cuz it's the competition powder. Some of the colors still aren't perfectly uniform so those will have to be the ones I use for flowers and designs.

BTW, a nail tech in town suggested that I mix a little bit of the boogie nights glitter in with it. I don't recommend this, the color looked awful.

Oh, and I also rolled the bead off of the brush and that helped too!

Thanks again!

Latest posts

Back