EzflowTrugel! Goodbye Gelez & the hybrids?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss Sylk

Reaction score
Anyone using this sucessfully?

Its the new gel polish from ezflow, but its 100% gel!!! unlike the hybrids, shellac, gelish etc

Its fairly new and i wonder will this last further than the 2-3 week mark of the gel polish?
Will it go really thick and sticky in the bottle after time?
Will the brush go lumpy or bendy?

Im testing one i bought at the pro beauty show, after having it professionally applied on one finger by a great ezflow tech i liked it! i removed it the day after tho lol but i did apply a full set of the new colour i purchased from the ezflow stand. I am really bad for changing my nails weekly and im struggling to test this out lol i have now applied 3 coats of glitter china glaze polish over it and i hope thats not prolonging its wear :/ i just cant help myself!! over a week now and all is very well with trugel.

I used to use gelez and that had its issues although i have a huge range of this that im not chucking out!! The brushes in gelez often went bent and broke and sometimes the product lumpy, but other than that i rate the coverage of gelez 10 out of 10. I do hope trugel is much better than gelez and even more so as ive wasted a lot of £ on gelez and bought a lot of gelish to replace it.

I guess only time will tell!

Is Gelish a hybrid? I thought it was a true gel and only Shellac was a hybrid???

Also, what is the advantage of being able to last over three weeks when the regrowth would be awful?

I didn't see this one at Excel, it would be interesting to know how it lasts without polish on top, although I have to say, I am more than happy with Gelish and Gelicure at the moment.

Im pretty sure gelish is a hybrid? Gelicure, geleration, artistic colour gloss etc are all the same family.

Trugel can be infilled, as with other soak off gels like, ibd, bio sculpture etc if you catch them in time before any lifting occurs. Get them back in 2 weeks for an infill, hopefully 3, so that will be a nice bonus. Rather than a 2 week soak off & re-app. My clients will find that cost affective as these days they are looking to save money unfortunatly for us! rather have them back for a cheap infill than not back for weeks! :)

Im thinking its just like the paint from a pot soak off gels? its just its in a bottle with a brush which most would find easier to use and it seems a little bit thinner which is nice.

Yeah i shouldnt have put my glitter polish on lol but thats holding really well also a bonus! i once tried a polish on Gelez and it chipped and peeled off the same day, strange.

Has anyone polished over a hybrid gel???

I really can't look at the same color for two weeks lol, I've polished over Shellac many a time with no problems x

I'm sure gelish isn't an hybrid but a gel polish. Shellac is the only hybrid. I mayb wrong x

ManiQ Colour by Young Nails is a true gel. :)

Im pretty sure gelish is a hybrid? Gelicure, geleration, artistic colour gloss etc are all the same family.

Trugel can be infilled, as with other soak off gels like, ibd, bio sculpture etc if you catch them in time before any lifting occurs. Get them back in 2 weeks for an infill, hopefully 3, so that will be a nice bonus. Rather than a 2 week soak off & re-app. My clients will find that cost affective as these days they are looking to save money unfortunatly for us! rather have them back for a cheap infill than not back for weeks! :)

You can, if you want to, infill Gelish and Gelicure. You buff off the top shine and reapply the colour. I was trained for both and both trainers said it could be done. However, in practice it is easier and looks better to just soak off and reapply.

Anyone using this sucessfully?

Its the new gel polish from ezflow, but its 100% gel!!! unlike the hybrids, shellac, gelish etc

Its fairly new and i wonder will this last further than the 2-3 week mark of the gel polish?
Will it go really thick and sticky in the bottle after time?
Will the brush go lumpy or bendy?

Im testing one i bought at the pro beauty show, after having it professionally applied on one finger by a great ezflow tech i liked it! i removed it the day after tho lol but i did apply a full set of the new colour i purchased from the ezflow stand. I am really bad for changing my nails weekly and im struggling to test this out lol i have now applied 3 coats of glitter china glaze polish over it and i hope thats not prolonging its wear :/ i just cant help myself!! over a week now and all is very well with trugel.

I used to use gelez and that had its issues although i have a huge range of this that im not chucking out!! The brushes in gelez often went bent and broke and sometimes the product lumpy, but other than that i rate the coverage of gelez 10 out of 10. I do hope trugel is much better than gelez and even more so as ive wasted a lot of £ on gelez and bought a lot of gelish to replace it.

I guess only time will tell!

I love TruGel! the fact is 100 % gel makes all the difference imo. I find I get a thinner application than i did with Gelez and the consistency stays the same and has done in all the bottles I've got and I had my first lot of products back in October.

If you purchased your Gelez with a UK distributor (Graftons, Nails & co or educationail) please do contact them with regards to your products as we have discontinued Gelez now.

Are you using bond it on with your product too? Its great if you have any problemo clients.

Re the coverage you need to shake the bottles really well.

What colour have you gone with? Ive been wearing Tiffany since the show (altho it hasnt made my boyfriend give me diamonds! lol)

Jess x

EzFlow Master Artist Educator

Last edited by a moderator:
There is only one hybrid polish and that is Shellac.

I have been using EZ Flow TruGel for a while now and I have to say with brilliant results.

I am finding that it lasts up to three weeks on those who do not have a lot of hands in water action going on, and the top coat is amazingly shiny, this is a massive bonus for all those who love rockstar nails as it only makes them even twinklier with that added extra glossy shine.

The brushes are far more easier to work with than the previous Gelez brushes and the formula itself is smoother to work with for a fabulous coverage.

The only downside to this is that I prefered the Gelez packaging style with all black bottles and the butterfly label.. cant have it all though I guess, and I wouldnt want to swap the new brushes for the world... they are perfect!

I have been using EZ Flow TruGel for a while now and I have to say with brilliant results.

Im struggling to get my head around them all. Is EzFlow Trugel applied like a varnish and then cured, and how many coats does it need to complete? Is it basically the same as Bio Sculpture? What does it cost roughly to do a set of overlays if you dont mind me asking?

Im struggling to get my head around them all. Is EzFlow Trugel applied like a varnish and then cured, and how many coats does it need to complete? Is it basically the same as Bio Sculpture? What does it cost roughly to do a set of overlays if you dont mind me asking?

Trugel polish is a gel polish and is applied like a polish and cured like a gel.
Bio Sculpture is a soak off gel, applied like a gel.

If you are not trained and therefore not in the Industry then there is no point in breaking down costs for you, as it is not just the costs of the products that get taken into account, but training, equipment, and our time and experience.

Trugel polish is a gel polish and is applied like a polish and cured like a gel.
Bio Sculpture is a soak off gel, applied like a gel.

If you are not trained and therefore not in the Industry then there is no point in breaking down costs for you, as it is not just the costs of the products that get taken into account, but training, equipment, and our time and experience.

The OP says it a 100% gel. Oh i dont know!!!

I have a couple of people who regularly go 3 weeks with Shellac, and plenty who go 3/4 with l&p with polish over (and they leave on the same polish I did at infill) and tbh by the time they come to see me I think it looks a bit ridiculous! There's so much growth at the cuticle the colour doesn't start till a good way up the nail.

I fail to see why anyone would want any product to last longer than 3 weeks. As long as it stays beautifully on the nail and doesn't lift (when applied correctly ) that's good enough I reckon

Latest posts

Back