Fabric And Nail Trainers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter Pan

Too sexy to be old geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
hi all

i was practising my fabric# on my nail trainer, but was having probs getting the tips to stick on to the nails - and suggestions on how to rectify this please

Hi Glynis,
I once had this problem when I bought a "new" packet of nails, I found that if you gently buff off the shine with a white block or such like, and remove the dust with a brush, the nails stick ok. Don't use any scrubfresh though, as I found out,,, it splits the nails!!!

Christine

Peter Pan said:
hi all

i was practising my fabric# on my nail trainer, but was having probs getting the tips to stick on to the nails - and suggestions on how to rectify this please
You have to buff the shine off and hold for about 10 secs

Hi Glynis!

Are you still buffing the training nail before applying the tip?

I find that usually the best wat to resolve this is using the nail trainer glue.

However your gel bond is just as good, if you are using your gel bond you need to hold the tip in place for a few seconds longer than usual, because as you know there is no natural heat to the trainer nail beds so adhesion take's that bit longer!

Hope that helps

Luv 'n' hugs
xxxxxxxxxx

Hi Glynis, if you go to search button and put in Nail Trainer Advice you will get all the answer you require. I had this problem a few weeks ago.

HTH

J

I was using my trainer today and the same thing happened to me.....just buffing with a white block didnt seem enough so i used a rougher file....then held the tip on for longer than i normally would a nail...was ok after this.....drives you nuts dont it..xxxx

jada said:
You have to buff the shine off and hold for about 10 secs

i have been doing this but still no luck, looks like ill have to use my gel bond

The way to get a tip to stick to the nail trainer nails is -

When filing the nail trainer nail the shape of the well hold your file slightly at an angle like you would if you were filing an oval shape. this gives a more sharper edge for the tip to adhere. normal nail adhesive will stick them, super glue etc as it is plastic to plastic. when you press the tip to stick have the side of your thumb as close to the well area as possible and press.

Hope this makes sense and helps

Take care.

The simplest way Glynis, is to give the trainer nail a blast of ..er ... Blast and then apply your tip. The activator will dry the adhesive for you.

You do not need to do thei on a person!

Latest posts

Back