Fabric# NNO, lovely!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkshell_nails

Reaction score
After going on my fabric# conversion in April, i have only just had the time to get the kit out and have a play. I have done a nno using the mtw and fabric# and they look lovely. I cannot believe how easy it was, i had always put it off till now, as i thought it was really fiddly. The only complaint is that the mtw looks slightly shady in areas, not on all the nails, just a couple. I applied very thinly, and let air dry, then applied another thin coat, so what did i do wrong guys?

The shading sound like the coats may have not been completely even. Otherwise not sure. Im sure Ruth would know as she is the queen of Fabric

pinkshell_nails said:
After going on my fabric# conversion in April, i have only just had the time to get the kit out and have a play. I have done a nno using the mtw and fabric# and they look lovely. I cannot believe how easy it was, i had always put it off till now, as i thought it was really fiddly.

I loved using Fabric# when i tried it - so relaxing. Played havoc with my sinuses though - had to wear a mask when ever i got the activator out.

Been umming and arghing for a while now as to whether to convert to it or, think i might look into again.

Glad you liked it though mate.

pinkshell_nails said:
After going on my fabric# conversion in April, i have only just had the time to get the kit out and have a play. I have done a nno using the mtw and fabric# and they look lovely. I cannot believe how easy it was, i had always put it off till now, as i thought it was really fiddly. The only complaint is that the mtw looks slightly shady in areas, not on all the nails, just a couple. I applied very thinly, and let air dry, then applied another thin coat, so what did i do wrong guys?

resin will soften the paint on white so in order for it to work fab, the paint on white has to be completly dry...
the resin application will soften the paint on white a little, so don't play with the resin to much or it will move the paint on white, so you will end up with uneven covering.....hence shadows.....
this is how I do it....

prep and give the nail a good scrubbing with scrubfresh
layer of bond resin
and because it is NNO I then apply also a thin layer of build resin, activate this and then lighlty buff the nail... I found that this works brill for me.....it gives the paint on white good grip....
Apply the paint on white 2 x if it needs it, tidy up smile line and let it dry completly
apply the mesh Fibreglass or silk
Saturate the mesh 1x let it air dry
saturate the mesh 1x and activate
tidy up edges and cuticle area, light buff the nail to remove activator residue
apply boost 1-2 times to build a nice shape and place the apex. activate with the boost brush on activator
then finish as usual....
The beauty of this system is that it is very forgiving in application, you just have to find the best way that works for you, keeping the basic rules of application in mind......

HTH

Emmajt said:
I loved using Fabric# when i tried it - so relaxing. Played havoc with my sinuses though - had to wear a mask when ever i got the activator out.

Been umming and arghing for a while now as to whether to convert to it or, think i might look into again.

Glad you liked it though mate.
When using resin systems, vapours are there and you need to work in a well ventilated area......
Just a thought you can use the brush on activator for the build resin and the boost resin just not the other way round.... this reduces the vapours in the air created by spraying the activator.....also a little spray goes a long way... hands up turned and fingers drawn towards the palm of the hand means one spray will cover all 5 fingers in one go, as the resin will draw the spray towards it...like a magnet... less activator means less waste and more cost effective.....
Just a thought huni and worth trying xxx

I still find that my nails ley quite flat, is there anything that can help that or is it that im just used too using L & P ?

It is harder to create an apex with fibreglass than with L&P as you dont have the bead to work with.....but it can be done.....with Fabric# boost.....
Apply a small bead of boost and use the brush on activator to brush it out in the apex area...I sort of pat it into place....you may have to do this a few times to build the nail as your boost beads should be tiny...then file and buff to finish....dont overbuild the nail or else the boost may crack as the apex is the stress area.....

For generic Fibreglass systems I use a small oval shape of Silk before I apply the whole strip of fibreglass, I place this in the apex area and apply my strip of fibreglass over the silk, resin 2x and then activate,lightly buff, I then apply a small bead of thicker viscosity resin or generic builder resin as it is known to finish the nail and perfect the apex placement....buff the nail and finish with oil or enamel

It is hard to work with just one viscosity resin sysytem, so make sure which ever system you use there is at least two viscosities to work with....or even 3lol.... Fabric# of course......
HTH

Thanks Ruth !

I really love working with Fabric, i did my induction with Liza but some of my kit had gone off so it was really hard to know what i was doing, we didnt realise till the end that i had problems.

Thanks again

Latest posts

Back