Facebook advertising, what have I done?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ladylou

Reaction score
iv been sending out posts on fb and only started last week and decided too check out the promote button and see what it was it asked me too pick a post or do a post and and hgave me a choise of prices ranging from 5 pound to 25 too send the post out and promote it so i picked the 5 pound one and clicked tgoo pay through paypal and it said it would start promoting once i get got clicked on ? ,,,, im baffled as i cant see on my fb that iv even done any thing and im so worried now that im going too get charged 5 pound daily and not weekly and i dnt know how too stop it > does any one know what too do i cant afford too pay this daily and as far as i can see i nothings even happening i dnt even know if its gone through !! is there soppossed too be summit on my page saying iv done an adverisement ? also who is this ad soppossed too reach ? does it go out too other peoples friends on ur fb or does it just post on ur feed with out u prompting !! please help me get my head around this thankslove louise xx

You should be ale to access your adverts form your facebook pages settings - I think you need to go to activity log and have a look there.

I'm sure someone will be able to help better if it is not in activity log.

You have to set the length and max budget, who sees it etc so all of those will be dependant on what you selected

EDIT: have you promoted a post or set up an advertisement?

Last edited:
When you promote to £5, that is the total you agree to pay for the promotion. You see underneath the promotion your money count down from £5 and when it runs out the promotion stops. It is not £5 daily or weekly, don't worry! It is the total!

I had the same panic first time I did it! xx

Also, when you are logged in to your business page, you will see all the insights into everything on your page. So underneath all your posts it will tell you how many have seen it. Hover your mouse and it tells you if they are paid views (i.e. through your promotion) or the normal people who like your page, or if it has gone viral.

The usual way the promotion button is set up is it gets shown to people who are friends with people who already like your page.

Hope that helps xx

iv checked my paypal and it dosent say any money has been takien out so i really dont know whats going on? i did it on my phne whilst i was waiting for my fella when i was just bored i wished id done it at home where i coild see what i was doing ..i dnty know then if its gone through as its not on paypal so god knows it was too promote not advertise whats the difference and is it wotrth doing ..i seem tyoo be treaching a hell of a lot of peolpe ..god knows lol ill check again x thanks

It takes a little while for them to check what your promoting, I have had a few refused as they didn't match FB criteria !
When it active it will tell you underneath how many people have seen the post x

iv checked my paypal and it dosent say any money has been takien out so i really dont know whats going on? i did it on my phne whilst i was waiting for my fella when i was just bored i wished id done it at home where i coild see what i was doing ..i dnty know then if its gone through as its not on paypal so god knows it was too promote not advertise whats the difference and is it wotrth doing ..i seem tyoo be treaching a hell of a lot of peolpe ..god knows lol ill check again x thanks

No, it will go out of the bank account that your paypal is linked to (unless I suppose you have balance in your paypal account). After your promotion ends, there is a set day in the month that their invoices are sent out and it will be emailed to you and the money will come straight out of your account. Stay calm... and breathe!

Promotions reach a lot of people- I did one this week and it has reached hundreds but have had 0 new likes in return! You pay for how many people see it not click or like your page.

Adverts work differently. If you set up an advert you can actually choose what you want to achieve- so if you want more people liking your page, more people seeing your page, more people viewing your website etc. And you can choose to pay per click or per impressions (just how many people's pages you come up on, but they might never even take notice of you). I prefer pay per click as I think there's more potential in that person if they bother to click through.

Hope that helps xx

Thanks lissy Jo Jo n jemini for ur reply I'm calmer now lol it does still scare me a little as I feel like it doesn't exsplain it's self that great , either way I keep checking my PayPal but like u said its not showing on there but I get the count down at the end and iv just done a pay per click I'm gutted cus iv had s page since say begging of April last week of march iv got 150 likes which is great for me but iv just cum too a complete stand still n dnt know what else too do what do u geeks do too keep it fresh iv posted silly posts and serous posts and tips n tricks but people drive me mad and like the post not the page the same for competitions they like the post n not the page u can't really stalk them haha x

I think the original post has been answered but as an add on to the benefits etc, promote is a cheap way to push a small offer to people that are already linked to you in some way, so it's good for bringing business from your network but it is a machine gun effect which means it just gets fired out to a group of people who may have no need or desire for your business.
Facebook advertising can be targeted to a specific group of people in a targeted geographic area and you will only get charged if they click onto your ad so you would usually get a higher 'like' rate as they are saying they have some form of interest.

That being said one of my clients has used the promote a post button 3 times and every time got a great response from it so it can work I think it's just more of a risk at the moment.

Thanks lisso iv done the promote and had o likes and with the advertising I also got 0 likes from them so god knows I'm just going too keep pushing I'm on 160 and just seem too be stuck here and it's always the same people commenting :(( I'm hoping when I do acrillics n gel I can post more pics n get more likes ,, so many people like my post but not my page it drives me mad lol x

Sorry i meant thanks Ben

Latest posts

Back