Facebook Advertising

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Layla-Louise

Reaction score
Hey everyone Im thinking of having a business page set up for my beauty salon-I have a personal account and some friends facebook message me via there to book appointments so thought I'd could target my clients and a wider audience through social networking. However I dont like the liking fanpage sites and their very public wondered if its okay to create an actual profile site add a friend and do it that way- do you think ppl wont mind adding us that way rather than a group and fanpage as I kno ppl do status upadates and its not to personal into their lives though dey can set certain things on private if they wanted-just I want to keep offers exclusive so competitors dont see them what do you think ? XxX

What about a Facebook group? I seem to remember that it's possible to make the sign-up for Facebook groups so that you have to approve people before they can become members - and then you could set the privacy of any posts on the group to be readable by the group members only?

Facebook groups are great for "spamming" people with messages too... that go to people's messages inbox on Facebook as well as them getting an email...

Thanks for your reply Ruth- I was just reading some threads on here and people we're saying that people dont like joining groups and if you post something they'll have to check der inbox or group page where as with liking a page it pops up on their homepage. However my problem with liking a page it not the number of likes I get from all the world- just want to traget my potential and local clientele with special offers and salon newletters as a method of contact. And as Im okay with using my personal profile page posting links and status updates thought if they adding me as a friend or I type in their email adress it may work cos I could set it to private so competitiors dont copy cat what im doing as a local salon is in compeitition with me at the moment. Just dont know wheather ppl wouldnt like the area of adding us a salon cos we woul be able to see their profile too?

It's worth a try then... the thing that annoys me most about groups on Facebook is that it doesn't let you join more than about 300 of them... but that's me LOL!!!

Alternatively, people have had varying levels of success with integrating third party email marketing plugins directly on their websites, which let people enter their email addresses to sign up to a mailing list via which they can then receive periodic emails from you - so this may be another possibility (although a lot more pricey than a free profile on Facebook from what I can gather)...

yeah I know what you mean groups are annoying so Im going to do an actual facebook profile site which is a method of free advertising like you said worth a try I guess :) thanks ruth XxX

Latest posts

Back