Facebook and cancellations

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brownt62

Reaction score
Hi geeks just a quick rant! I'm fed up with last minute cancellations from clients who book through Facebook...anyone else feel the same? Client just now cancelled today's app.....I knew it was going to happen...she 'apologised for inconvenience'...yes it's an inconvenience when you move other apps to facilitate ...

I feel like going back to her and saying it but its just not good business practice....so mad😡😡😡 rant over (for now)! xxx

Don't accept appointments over Facebook. Tell them to phone up. It's much More professional to speak on a phone or face to face. X

I agree with Tomme, we don't encourage appointments by FB or Cancellations. We don't monitor FB constantly throughout the day, so any requests could get missed.

There is also the back and forth, when do you want an appointment, what is it for, what time etc etc, we too feel it is much more friendly to speak direct. It also opens other possibilities and start to build a rapport from the moment you take the call

Hi we use facebook to advertise sometimes we put an offer on it and at the end of it I always say call.... and quote to make ur appointment. However we do sometimes make appts over it which is annoying because its back and forward but I do have a client who is deaf and she thought if was fantastic she could book over facebook. I do find facebook clients arnt always the most reliable and if someone messaged to cancel I might not always revieve it until i get home and check facebook

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Thank you for your comments....which make so much sense....why in all my years... did I not think of just getting the client's number and giving them a call? You learn every day😉 xxx

I had a no show on sat l! I even messages her to say it was cash only (just had that feeling) she even replied saying "that's fine" 45mims before the appointment then just didn't turn up 😡

I'm expecting a no show this morning. She booked last time she was in (3 wks ago) sent her a msg yesterday reminding her of the appt and I've not had a reply. Grrrrr. They wouldn't do it if it was a drs appt!

If I take a booking by Facebook I treat it like any other booking. I ask for their full details, and inform then of my cancellation policy, they then know where they stand!

Yet another Facebook cancellation, 30 minutes before her booked appointment.
I have her full details, including phone number, but it must be so easy to send a Facebook message saying, "sorry Hun, something came up" instead of phoning.
I get a few new clients through Facebook, but honestly only 50% make their appointments!
It is such a double edged sword, it's great for business exposure, but it does attract a few undesirable clients :(

If I take a booking by Facebook I treat it like any other booking. I ask for their full details, and inform then of my cancellation policy, they then know where they stand!

I do exactly the same & it seems to work for me. Fingers crossed I don't seem to have a problem with Facebook customers :) just make them totally aware of your cancellation policy x

Latest posts

Back