Facebook "likes"

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lovin it

Reaction score
Hi geeks i Started my Facebook page a couple of weeks ago and just wondered how u guys get yourselves noticed and get more ' likes' on your pages? X

I joined local buy and sell pages and advertised on there, plus ask friends to like and it will then be posted on their timeline for others to see. Also offer an incentive to get people to like, a free pinkie of solar oil with their treatment if they like. Something like that! X

I ask people to share the page and I also paid for £10 worth of Facebook advertising which brought me 70-odd new likes over 3 days all women in my town aged between 18 & 70.

I post lots of photos of nails I've done or products I've bought and then when people like them it shows up in the ticker of their friends and I get the odd person through that too.

I ask people to share the page and I also paid for £10 worth of Facebook advertising which brought me 70-odd new likes over 3 days all women in my town aged between 18 & 70.

I post lots of photos of nails I've done or products I've bought and then when people like them it shows up in the ticker of their friends and I get the odd person through that too.

The advertising sounds good!! X

Its not the amount of likes that matters, its the quality of likes.
We done a competition on Facebook for the likers, if they commented on the post they would be entered into a competition for a free blowdry and gel polish. The winner came in, and said "oh I don't stick to a salon, I go with the offer". Also we have some from the USA, as we're in the uk so not much use to us really.

Best advice is ask friends and family to share a picture from your page, their friends will see and you will end up with people close who could become clients xoxo

It helps if you make engaging posts too.
On my henna facebook page, if I post a nice but average piece I get some likes on it, maybe a few comments. If I post an unusual piece I get a lot of likes, shares and comments which usually result in new likes on the page too.
Ask questions. If you post a photo and ask, 'what do you think of this', you'll get a lot more response than just saying 'this is today's appointment'. People who are friends with the person who commented will see 'such and such commented on this photo' on their news feed and may in turn visit your page.

Thanking u all , I'll give these ideas a try x so far I put if I reach 100 likes you will all be entered into a draw to win a set of Bio sculpture nails and I've had a few extra that way xx

There is also a thread on here, hmm i think its called 'whats your salon facebook' or something like that. There is umpteen pages full of people sharing their pages etc. Often liking some pages from that will get you return likes.

Thanking u all , I'll give these ideas a try x so far I put if I reach 100 likes you will all be entered into a draw to win a set of Bio sculpture nails and I've had a few extra that way xx

We will be doing our next one or get us to 1000. All we want is another 3 before we start it lol xoxo

There is also a thread on here, hmm i think its called 'whats your salon facebook' or something like that. There is umpteen pages full of people sharing their pages etc. Often liking some pages from that will get you return likes.

I've never been sure of the benefit of this do you get extra functions for having more likes? I've been trying to target just potential customer so just people in my area so not sure how the liking each others pages helps and have been meaning to ask for a while. I'm probably missing something obvious.

I've never been sure of the benefit of this do you get extra functions for having more likes? I've been trying to target just potential customer so just people in my area so not sure how the liking each others pages helps and have been meaning to ask for a while. I'm probably missing something obvious.

Nope you get less IMO. The stats about who has seen it etc aren't really worth anything as many may not be potential clients.
I have a target of getting 10% of my towns population as likes. A large target but possible with it being only 4500 xoxo

I wonder that myself sometimes BUT if you come across a page that has lots of activity on it, you're more likely to get a person like you. Maybe someone lives outside of your catchment but they have family in your area. You could then be their port of call if they want to buy a voucher or suchlike.

Having lots of activity on your page also means that your page will show in feeds more often.

So, in a nutshell, you need to work at it to increase your likes

I wonder that myself sometimes BUT if you come across a page that has lots of activity on it, you're more likely to get a person like you. Maybe someone lives outside of your catchment but they have family in your area. You could then be their port of call if they want to buy a voucher or suchlike.

Having lots of activity on your page also means that your page will show in feeds more often.

So, in a nutshell, you need to work at it to increase your likes

I agree that not all people out of regular catchment aren't possible clients. I have two from Kent who are monthly regulars yet I'm in north Wales. But I would say the majority of use would be locals xoxo

Fair enough thanks! I think I'll leave it for now as I quite like knowing that if 60-odd people have seen my picture the majority of them are in my town. I'll happily go and like some of the other people's on the thread though if it helps them :biggrin:

We make sure we post something each day even something a bit silly like this morning our status was " the hot chocolate is flowing in salon today" creating a few clients to like that comment so there friends then see it and hopefully like our page!

We also mention to clients when there in salon that we have a page and if they like it there more likely to see any special offers or new treatments that's happening which does generate more likes

I give up with facebook! I've only got 19 likes & it's been like that for ages.

I'm sick of hassling people to like my page (i really do advertise like crazy!)

I post on all the stuff for sale groups in my area & offered a free spray tan to one lucky person once my likes had reached 100.................

pfftt can't even get it to 20!

Couldn't do anymore if I tried, facebook is pants for me x

Hey Glitterbox,
People have contacts all over. I have a lot of contacts in Northampton for instance. So if i see a really good salon or beautician etc in n'town, i would suggest them to my friends there. I would hope that by getting my name out there, people would appreciate my work and tell their friends or contacts (should they have any) in my area :)

I agree with wanting to target just people in your area though, I too have been trying to advertise more to my target audience. The thread is just another networking tool i suppose.

I am on Holliday next week, I spent and hour and half last night (at 11pm!) scheduling posts to appear on my page over the next week. Photos and posts updates on availability etc.

Saves me having to do it on holiday, even though I will check the page at least 10 times a day! We get a lot of work from facebook, I probably promote 1 post a week and pay £4

I want to do an "offer" but these seem to cost loads of money!

I just had a quick look at the adverts part of the page, and was worried it would cost a fortune to get more likes from your target area etc. Have you had any luck with this?

I am on Holliday next week, I spent and hour and half last night (at 11pm!) scheduling posts to appear on my page over the next week. Photos and posts updates on availability etc.

Saves me having to do it on holiday, even though I will check the page at least 10 times a day! We get a lot of work from facebook, I probably promote 1 post a week and pay £4

I want to do an "offer" but these seem to cost loads of money!

Oh I thought offers were free? I tried to make one earlier but it said I need over 400 likes :sad:

Latest posts

Back