Facebook nail trolls?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tattooednailed

Reaction score
Has anyone else experienced random
People leaving nasty rude comments on Facebook photos of nails?!

It's making today bad :(

Some one had a nasty comment on another forum about her nails saying they were ugly from some one she didn't know. I think it's awful, if you have nothing nice or constructive to say why say anything. Don't worry about it just delete the comment x

I haven't had any horrid comments but I've had someone random leave one star but can't see who it is as they aren't in my friends list :/

Had a random man make a rude comment about the colour of a clients nails, I just deleted it and blocked him. Luckily nothing else

I haven't had any horrid comments but I've had someone random leave one star but can't see who it is as they aren't in my friends list :/

I have one of those too, no idea who.
I had to block all my old work colleagues because of not very nice comments but this is just after boosting a FB post. Random not local! Weird

Some people just aren't nice! Spend time making horrid comments,it's a waste of everyone's time. Least you can ban them from the page and delete x

I had one woman who I had no idea who was and she lived about 20 miles away from me comment on a pic of my acrylic nails on a client by saying 'LOL THEY ARE FU**ING WONKY'
I deleted her comment and sent her a personal message just to tell her how rude she was and I asked her what she had gained by writing negative posts on my wall. I said I'm only 23 and I'm just trying to make a living for myself, I'm absolutely no competition to you so please think again before you drag someone else's work down for no reason.

I was furious

Nicola! Xxx

I had one woman who I had no idea who was and she lived about 20 miles away from me comment on a pic of my acrylic nails on a client by saying 'LOL THEY ARE FU**ING WONKY'
I deleted her comment and sent her a personal message just to tell her how rude she was and I asked her what she had gained by writing negative posts on my wall. I said I'm only 23 and I'm just trying to make a living for myself, I'm absolutely no competition to you so please think again before you drag someone else's work down for no reason.

I was furious

Nicola! Xxx

That's awful. A lot of it is jealousy unfortunately.

I've never received a bad comment ... until I joined this site and like you said, mine was many miles away and from a salon owner. I know exactly who it is.

It's a shame when it all gets so personal.

It wouldn't entertain my thoughts to attack someone's business. Outspoken or not. It's just shallow.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited:
Yes I had one of these from a nearby salon owner, deleted and blocked!

That's awful. A lot of it is jealousy unfortunately.

I've never received a bad comment ... until I joined this site and like you said, mine was many miles away and from a salon owner. I know exactly who it is.

It's a shame when it all gets so personal.

It wouldn't entertain my thoughts to attack someone's business. Outspoken or not. It's just shallow.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm completely the same virtues! I wouldn't dream of pulling someone down to make myself feel better!!! I don't know why people feel the need to do it!!
I just prefer to keep myself to myself. I don't look on any of the other salons Facebook pages or websites around about me as I want to do my own thing and not be influenced by anybody else!
Jealousy is a horrible thing and if clients see you constantly slandering someone else it just puts them off.. So I mention nothing about any other salon. That way nothing gets twisted!!

Nicola! Xxx

I have people from the likes of spain or singapore doing this or liking everything on my page which is annoying with notifications etc. I have blocked them but my mum could still see them on my page. How can they still see my page of they're blocked?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I have people from the likes of spain or singapore doing this or liking everything on my page which is annoying with notifications etc. I have blocked them but my mum could still see them on my page. How can they still see my page of they're blocked?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

They can still see your page they just can't comment on anything on yoir page or message you

Nic x

Last edited by a moderator:
I hav had someone give me 2 stars the very first week my page was up and running I hadnt even done many nails only friends I think. It really hurt me especially with just starting. I still cant see the person who gave me it I have went onto fb thru my hubby's page and friends and it just doesn't show up. So frustrating :-( xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I hav had someone give me 2 stars the very first week my page was up and running I hadnt even done many nails only friends I think. It really hurt me especially with just starting. I still cant see the person who gave me it I have went onto fb thru my hubby's page and friends and it just doesn't show up. So frustrating :-( xx

Why would anybody do that? I'm waiting on the proverbial hitting the fan. I've heard through the grapevine that the therapist i used to go to many moons ago is kicking off at me starting up. I am of absolutely no threat to her whatsoever. We don't even live in the same city. She did the same to another (fantastic) lady who set up in the same town. Bad mouthed her to everyone who would stand still for a second. Fair enough, she made herself look like a total fool. I just don't get it. xx

Check again Hun. Mine was exactly the same and I couldn't see who had rated me one star... But Facebook pages must have changed as randomly last week I could see who it is that's rated me now.... I know for a fact these ppl have never been to my salon so I private messaged them asking them to remove their rating as it was invalid due to the fact they had never been to me before... Each girl messaged back absolutely mortified because they hadn't realised they had done it. Xx

Nic x

Why would anybody do that? I'm waiting on the proverbial hitting the fan. I've heard through the grapevine that the therapist i used to go to many moons ago is kicking off at me starting up. I am of absolutely no threat to her whatsoever. We don't even live in the same city. She did the same to another (fantastic) lady who set up in the same town. Bad mouthed her to everyone who would stand still for a second. Fair enough, she made herself look like a total fool. I just don't get it. xx

Ridiculous isn't it! That's why I don't mention anything about any other salon in my area despite them saying stuff about me, because it looks worse on me bad mouthing someone else than it does on them.... So the ppl that are doing it to me can carry on for this exact reason xx

Nic x

I had a local "unqualified" comment on one of my nail pics "they look OK but I can do same n only charge £10". After silently fuming for a while I calmly replied with "wow £10! Fortunately for me, my lovely clients prefer to pay that bit extra knowing I am a fully qualified and insured tech, and only use professional products."

Funnily enough she didn't respond, and my reply had over 100 likes lol x

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

I had a lady give me a 1 star rating, she had never been to my salon, so I commented. "Thanks you for taking the time to review my page, but I don't recall ever having you visit my Salon for a nail treatment??' It at least puts her credibility in doubt for review readers.
I would like to know if it is possible to block 'likers' that you don't want!

I had a lady give me a 1 star rating, she had never been to my salon, so I commented. "Thanks you for taking the time to review my page, but I don't recall ever having you visit my Salon for a nail treatment??' It at least puts her credibility in doubt for review readers.
I would like to know if it is possible to block 'likers' that you don't want!

I was wondering if you could comment. Wonder if I need to change my settings......

I can't see all of my reviews, but the ones I can, give me the option to like and comment.

Latest posts

Back