Facial hot wax?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kellylvsrex

Reaction score
Hello. Im currently using a facial hot wax product but it seems to remove the thicker hairs but leaves a lot of the finer ones. Is this normal does anyone know? I'm not sure I'm just best useing a general hot wax instead of a facial one, maybe it's just a bit too gentle! Any advice would be appreciated

I find the same so I go over it with a bit of threading, it's really good for the really fine hairs that are missed on the cheeks

I wonder why the wax just doesn't catch all the hairs? We have just moved over to hot from strip and even though it's great for the skin, I find it doesn't give as clean a finish

What brand are you using? With hot wax I find that you have to push firmly when applying to make sure it gets all those little hairs.

We are useing Australian bodycare but have also tried the Perron rigot facial wax. I wonder if just useing the non facial wax is better? We've tried applying it firmly and pushing it into the skin and sone clients this works and some it doesn't?

When I first moved from strip to hot wax I found this too, but now I think it's fantastic and would never go back! Maybe just keep at it and keep practicing your technique to become more confident? [emoji8]

I use a combination of hot and strip. After years of waxing and trying most of the top brands, I have never managed to find a non strip wax that removes all the fine hairs from everyone

Your non strip wax should still remove be finer hairs. Make sure when cleansing the skin that you apply the cleanser in the opposite direction of the hair growth to lift the hairs, makes sure that you are only using a small amount of cleanser when applying. This will make hair removal easier. Using a film wax will open up the hair follicles as the heat is retained once applied and slides the hair our easier. Use the product sparingly so that the wax sets properly as when a wax is still sticky it may not remove the hair properly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back