Facial massage

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vanilla Pod

Reaction score
HOW MANY GEEKS, USE THE SAME FACIAL MASSAGE TECHNIQUE SHOWN WHEN TRAINING OR DO YOU INCORPORATE OTHER ELEMENTS FROM VIDEOS, OTHER THEARPISTS ETC X:hug:

I don't use the same massage I learnt at college, in fact I don't even have a routine as such. I have learnt many techniques over the years & so adapt the massage to what is needed at that time.

My college tutor for facials was fantastic, she came from a top class salon/spa and taught us the most amazing things. So for this reason I've never felt the need to change my routine in any major way. I do adapt for different clients needs but its basically its the same.

Karaxxx

My college tutor has also worked at top end spas and has given us brilliant training and a lovely massage routine. She herself however stressed that it is only a basic routine for us to improve and adapt as we gain more experience.

Whatever the treatment, I am always looking to improve what I do and am always on the lookout for tips and techniques from other therapists. I think if you stick to the same routine, your clients might get bored.

Facials & massages are my vices if I'm on holiday, so I'm always on the lookout for a new 'move' when I get a treatment. Unfortunately, I'm very likely to fall asleep during a treatment and therefore not remember a thing. :zzz:
Occasionally I do remember a move and try it out. If I like it, and it fits into my routine, I'll use it. However, I think that most of us could do our routine in our sleep and when we get a new 'move' it spices it up a bit.
(Do I need to get out more ? :rolleyes: )

I agree although at our academy we have several assessors all who work either in our salon or work mobile every one of their routines are different. We do have a standard one that we teach but I have always added bits in when Ive trained with different product companies.

:)

Latest posts

Back