facial question...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HappyHands

Reaction score
I need some help here guys.... i am a facial virgin, i know it sound hard to believe but i have only ever had 1 facial in all my 34 yrs.. i have woken up this morning feeling that i really need to do something about this...

What to i have to do????? I have treated myself to deramloigca (i think thats what its called) products but which way round do i use them... sorry may seem easy to some of you..

Do i steam before i scrub or wash before that i really have no idea.. step by step instruction would be great...:rolleyes:

First step is always to cleanse, no matter what products you use.
Did you not get told how to use them when you bought them?
What did you buy?

i have got....daily resurfacer...clay cleanser.... control lotion....multiactive toner....skin prep scrub.. hth... which way round do i use them:irked: oohh and skin refining masque, the product name is dermalogica, i had this product used on my when i had my facial (10yrs ago) and i really liked it. so i brought a kit the other day (part of my midlife criss thing i think) want to look good, buy all the products then they stay where they are cos i dont know how to use them:irked::irked::irked:

I,m fed up af looking like a old hag so though if i find out what to do i could start

Ok, see what I can remember from my dermalogica training (been awhile since I've used it).
1st - clay cleanser
2nd - skin prep scrub
3rd - skin refining masque
4th - multi active toner
5th - (oil?) control lotion
Not sure on the daily resurfacer. Is it a serum? I remember there was a scrub that could be used daily but I don't think that was it.
hth
I know there are some geeks who use dermalogica who would be more upto date than me.
Maybe you should change your title, help with dermalogica or something to get them to see?

I know nothing about dermalogica but this sounds like a routeen for oily skin however you seem to be worried about anti-aging? If your skin isn't oily this may not be the best routeen for you. :) Hopefully a dermalogica geek can confirm or deny this x

i do have oily skin.. i just wanted to know what order these things need to be done in... thanks for help

Cool :) enjoy using them x

Ok, see what I can remember from my dermalogica training (been awhile since I've used it).
1st - clay cleanser
2nd - skin prep scrub
3rd - skin refining masque
4th - multi active toner
5th - (oil?) control lotion
Not sure on the daily resurfacer. Is it a serum? I remember there was a scrub that could be used daily but I don't think that was it.
hth
I know there are some geeks who use dermalogica who would be more upto date than me.
Maybe you should change your title, help with dermalogica or something to get them to see?

I would:
Cleanse
deep secondary cleanse
skin prep scrub
tone
masque and steam whilst the mask is on (about 5-10 mins)
second tone to ensure all mask is off
oil control lotion

I would:
Cleanse
deep secondary cleanse
skin prep scrub
tone
masque and steam whilst the mask is on (about 5-10 mins)
second tone to ensure all mask is off
oil control lotion
When I did my dermalogica training I'm pretty sure they just sprayed the toner before moisturising.

If you bought the kit with the small bottles it's good to carry in your handbag & spray to refresh too.

i have got....daily resurfacer...clay cleanser.... control lotion....multiactive toner....skin prep scrub.. hth... which way round do i use them:irked: oohh and skin refining masque, the product name is dermalogica, i had this product used on my when i had my facial (10yrs ago) and i really liked it. so i brought a kit the other day (part of my midlife criss thing i think) want to look good, buy all the products then they stay where they are cos i dont know how to use them:irked::irked::irked:

I,m fed up af looking like a old hag so though if i find out what to do i could start

Hi, i agree with Bernadette, i went to a dermalogica day at college this week and got a booklet with all their products. The only thing that seems a little odd is that the daily resurfacer is also an exfoliant and surely you didnt need two. but what do i know i only started by nvq level 2 in sept. But i would have thought you better not to have bought two exfolinats and maybe purchased one of the eye care products. Was it explained to you that you only need to use a very small amount (size of a ten pence piece) and then mix with a small amount of water (maybe just damped hands). hth. If you think i might have more info in my booklet that you need just let me know.
i presume they looked at your skin and said it was oily coz most of the products are for an oily skin type except for the daily resurfacer which says "All skin types except user of medically prescribed exfoliating products" and we were told especially good for for dry skin!!

jo

If you are using the Daily Resurfacer, then you don't need the skin prep scrub. The DR is your exfoliator. The Dermal Clay Cleanser can also be used as a mini masque. If you leave it on for 5 minutes then it acts as a masque. You use the skin refining masque once a week. It's great for the T-zone area.

I have trained in facials at college and 'Decleor' and the basic routine is pretty much the same.
I was taught
~Cleanse, tone, exfoliate, massage, mask, moisturise.
You can tone after exfoliation and mask aswell, to help remove product.
I would use this routine for any facial products unless told differently by the manufacturer.
With your Dermalogica products I would
~Clay cleanser, multi active toner, Skin prep scrub, Skin refining mask (once a week) control lotion.

With Dermalogica, you would use the multi-active toner right before you use your moisturizer.

The Daily Resurfacer is a great exfoliator, and if you use it, there is no need to use the skin prep scrub.

Latest posts

Back