Facial range training???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The range im using at the moment (which is on its way out for a bigger & better range) didn't even come with a manual I had to ring up & beg for one & also they only offer a half day training course which is just product training !! :eek: :eek:

It was a bit of a shock as after leaving college I trained in Decleor which was 5 days (Just for the facial range, body an extra 5 days) they did the training at the hotel I worked in & I believe it was free of charge.

Then I trained in Clarins which was 5 days in London at there head office. That was just the basic course, I think there were another two 5 day courses for the more advanced treatments.

I remember starting my first salon job and having to learn Comfort Zone, Dermalogica & Matis from a manual !! I had basic knowledge of Matis from the first college i went to but the others, nothing ! They wouldn't pay for training unless you were full time & i was part time as still at college.

The ranges I am looking at stocking for the salon all have 5 days min training, I will have to go to them to do my training & obviously will pay for my own accommodation.

If you are self employed then you need to take these things into consideration, every business should have a training budget. Imagine if you went for a facial and found out the therapist had done no product training at all, I wouldn't be happy thats for sure !!

Just to add, Decleor have a pressure & lymphatic drainage massage but you can also use your own movements for 10mins. Clarins had a full massage routine none of your own movements allowed !

I personally would only go with a skinacer company that provides ALL training on products ,techniques is not so important.
As Eger Beaver said if a therapist is passionate and has excellent touch therapy the clients will automatically trust and come to love you.:green:

If a company charges for training i would be aprehensive...why pay it should be complementary.

IMHO,everyone should be going for acadayspa as it provides great body treatments...LOL:lol:

I personally would only go with a skinacer company that provides ALL training on products ,techniques is not so important. I think brushing up on new techniques is no bad thing.
As Eger Beaver said if a therapist is passionate and has excellent touch therapy the clients will automatically trust and come to love you.:green: Very true, however most well know reputable skincare companies will insist you follow a set format, this should be included with your training.

If a company charges for training i would be aprehensive...why pay it should be complementary. I agree, however with Guinot we were charged for our accommodation and meals. Which I think is acceptable (really nice M&S meals by the way.:green:)
On the whole I agree with beautyguru, A company that backs you up before you start is worth their weight in gold, and as my old boss once told me. Prior preparation prevents p*ss poor performance. That means adequate training with the products you choose to use.:green::hug:

I personally would only go with a skinacer company that provides ALL training on products ,techniques is not so important.
As Eger Beaver said if a therapist is passionate and has excellent touch therapy the clients will automatically trust and come to love you.:green:

If a company charges for training i would be aprehensive...why pay it should be complementary.

IMHO,everyone should be going for acadayspa as it provides great body treatments...LOL:lol:
I dont agree with this,sorry.To me techique is extremely important.
I think clients may trust and come to love a therapist based on their college facial UNTIL they go to a salon where the therapist has a much broader range of facial moves.

It's happened to me,before I qualified I used to go to a friend who only had her college facial moves to use as her facial routine,when I got a voucher to a Germaine Cappucini facial from my Dad, I could not believe the difference.

Now I'm not being nasty here and I love my friend but there was no comparison between a therapist trained only in a college massage routine and a good quality product trained therapist,believe me she had the touch but it takes more than just the TOUCH.

I found it myself when I first qualified from college,thought I was the bees knees,yes they do teach well,all the muscles,facial moves,lymph drainage etc but.....there are so many more moves to learn,same with body massage.To me it's like when you pass your driving test,you've got a long way to go.:green:

I talked to my friend and got her to go to the salon I had been to and it was a real eye opener for her.She's now trained in Dermalogica and says it was the best thing she's ever done,she's waiting to do more training.

Dont get me wrong,this is my opinion and not meaning to offend anyone,for me I will never know enough and there will always be another course for me to go on.

I think clients may trust and come to love a therapist based on their college facial UNTIL they go to a salon where the therapist has a much broader range of facial moves.

It's happened to me,before I qualified I used to go to a friend who only had her college facial moves to use as her facial routine,when I got a voucher to a Germaine Cappucini facial from my Dad, I could not believe the difference.

Now I'm not being nasty here and I love my friend but there was no comparison between a therapist trained only in a college massage routine and a good quality product trained therapist,believe me she had the touch but it takes more than just the TOUCH.

I found it myself when I first qualified from college,thought I was the bees knees,yes they do teach well,all the muscles,facial moves,lymph drainage etc but.....there are so many more moves to learn,same with body massage.To me it's like when you pass your driving test,you've got a long way to go.:green:

I talked to my friend and got her to go to the salon I had been to and it was a real eye opener for her.She's now trained in Dermalogica and says it was the best thing she's ever done,she's waiting to do more training.

Dont get me wrong,this is my opinion and not meaning to offend anyone,for me I will never know enough and there will always be another course for me to go on.

As my quote(?) says - you never stop learning. thats why we should recieve treatments now and again,when was the last treatment yuo recieved?the essential waxing? Mine was waxing and eyelash perm from one of the students (all in the name of education!) but hardly what i mean! Gives me an idea for a poll!

As my quote(?) says - you never stop learning. thats why we should recieve treatments now and again,when was the last treatment yuo recieved?the essential waxing? Mine was waxing and eyelash perm from one of the students (all in the name of education!) but hardly what i mean! Gives me an idea for a poll!
My last treatment was received a month ago and i stand by what I say in this thread.

Having a treatment is not enough to broaden our horizons,we need to attend seminars,training etc to enable us to give the best we can.Even now I want,feel I can learn more.:green:

Def, its great to see people who are all for continued prof development. i am doing advanced elec next month and am sooooooh excited. the more i learn, the more i want to learn!the last facial training i did was gatineau, last year.that seems an age ago!

What i meant,sorry if my english came across bad but i meant that when you go on a training course and you arent learnt a massage thats not the be all and end all.You as a therapist can adapt ....oh maybe i just dug a hole for myself....:mad: :(

Latest posts

Back