Facial steamer problem, advice needed please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dids

Reaction score
Hi, I had a problem with my skinmate facial steamer today.

It started making an unusual gurgling noise then started to spit. Luckily, as soon as it spat once I moved the arm from in front of my clients face, as it then sent a huge spurt of boiling water out of the arm.

Needless to say I am terrified to use it again.

Has anyone else had this happen and if so , do you know what the problem was. it is quite old now (approx 9 years) so maybe it just needs replacing. Dont want to throw it if it can be saved.

Thanks
Diane x

Hi, I had a problem with my skinmate facial steamer today.

It started making an unusual gurgling noise then started to spit. Luckily, as soon as it spat once I moved the arm from in front of my clients face, as it then sent a huge spurt of boiling water out of the arm.

Needless to say I am terrified to use it again.

Has anyone else had this happen and if so , do you know what the problem was. it is quite old now (approx 9 years) so maybe it just needs replacing. Dont want to throw it if it can be saved.

Thanks
Diane x

Oh steamers are tempermental!

Most times when ive known of problems with spitting and gurgling is when plain old tap water has been used in place of purified water, or if too much hydrolat has been added to the water.

Thanks for your reply Matthew.
I only ever use purified water and have never added anything to the water, only thing I can think of is limescale build up.
I have now ordered a new one as i can't risk burning anyone. I guess its more than paid for itself over the last 9 years.

Diane x

Latest posts

Back