Fake Bake Q's!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gem81

Reaction score
Hi Ladies, I'm a Fake Bake newbie and have a couple of questions which have arisen from my practice.

1. What setting do you have your 'pig' on when spraying? Low, Medium or High? I was spraying on 'high' and had problems, see below!

2. I encountered a problem whereby the lotion seemed to be sitting on the skin when I sprayed it on, and in some instances it then dripped down the skin. It was awful. What am I doing wrong? I dabbed the drips and resprayed over the area but will this give a patchy result? Is it to do with spraying on a 'high' setting?

Thanks everyone x

If it's dripping then you are applying far too much solution. I don't know 'pigs' but i would suggest that you put it on the lowest setting. You should use no more than 50ml per spray.
I've never had to dab apart from when someone is sweating!
You only need to put a thin coating all over the body so try it on the lower setting and see how it goes.

I know I'm rubbish but everyine has to start somewhere! Thanks for your advice.

It seemed to be sitting on the skin and then dripping as soon as I sprayed it on, I think I maybe standing too close?

You're gun should be about 6-8 inches away from the body.
It definitely sounds like you are spraying too much solution out. Turn it down. Do you have someone you can practice on? Siennasol do a practice spray which has a guide colour but doesn't leave a tan so you can practice on the same person over and over again.

Thats a great idea!

I have been practicing on my cousins - luckily I have five and they're all brown! I just keep encountering problems, so frustrating!

I was about 6-8" away so I think I must have the gun on too high a power and applying the lotion to thickly through the gun.

I enjoy doing it so I hope I can nail it.

First put the pig on lowest setting and also turn your gun down.

try spraying onto a piece of couch roll before you start, turn the gun right down, not familiar with the pig either but on my gun I can turn the nozzle so that no solution comes out at all and then gradually increase the turns until I have it just right... if you can do this then increase the spray in 5 minute sections, I have my dial marked with red nail varnish so its easy to see where it is... and when the solution is staining the couch roll brown but not soaking through it then that is just right for spraying!

You dont need to 'spray the person brown' just cover them evenly and your solution will do the rest for you. Even if it goes on lightly by the time you have finished they will look a lovely brown colour and have a knicker line etc.

Spraying this way causes less overspray and uses an average of 25 - 30 ml per spray when you get the hang of it so saving you money too :hug:

I did fake bake training at college the other day and was told to have the setting on medium on the pig, not on high! and was told that the heat button on the machine doesn't benefit at all so was a bit pointle:rolleyes:ss

Hiya I trained with fake bake and the trainer advised always spray on medium setting with the pig gun.:lol:

I use the medium setting. Turn the gun down so it is completely off- not spraying a thing- then turn it up ever so slightly and test it, keep doing this really gradually until the spray is even on some couch roll, you will be surprised at how little it needs to be turned up to spray evenly...

The heat setting is for after the tan to make sure any areas that may have been oversprayed are dry and to give the client confidence that they are ok to get dressed. It also warms them up after having to stand there naked! Most clients say ahh that's lovely. I take the gun off and use the warmth with just the hose.

Latest posts

Back