Fake Bake

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soriminah

Reaction score
Hi all

I have never used fake bake before so was having a look at their Oz site to see if it's something I might try.

They list 2 tans - original and darker. There's no other information about them.

Does any geek know what % these are?

Thanks

I trained with fakebake, spent lots of time money etc advertising and promoting my brand only to phone up today in urgent need of some solution and find they dont have any! and might not even have it for the upcoming beauty show in birmingham (uk)! this has put me right off and im now looking at organics and sienna x tans

good luck

They wont tell you what DHA% they are. I would love to hear if someone knows!

They have just sent me some trial solutions but I am nervous when I hear that they often sell out.

I also have some Fake Bake samples to try - and I'd like to know what the DHA are.......anyone know???
Otherwise its hard to compare with others!!!

I trained with fakebake, spent lots of time money etc advertising and promoting my brand only to phone up today in urgent need of some solution and find they dont have any! and might not even have it for the upcoming beauty show in birmingham (uk)! this has put me right off and im now looking at organics and sienna x tans

good luck

How can a tan company run out of tan?!! I use and love Fakebake and stocked up at the recent beauty show in Edinburgh (great offers on spray) maybe they sold more than expected! :-/ Hope you manage to get some soon! X

Blimmey that's awful for you. Hope you get some soon. I use fake bake and have never had a problem with ordering stock. I did put an order in once and they where out of the darker solution, but I only had to wait a few days for it to come back in.

Last edited:
I'm reluctant to try something that I can't compare to what I've used before. All the brands I've used all have % on them so you know roughly what you're expecting it to come out like.

I also have some Fake Bake samples to try - and I'd like to know what the DHA are.......anyone know???
Otherwise its hard to compare with others!!!

Fake Bake's official position is that they will not reveal to anyone what the percentage DHA is. I suspect that unless you have it analysed at a professional lab you won't get to find out.

I dont know what the official percentage is but I think around 10% never tried the darker solution but may do soon as the normal never seems to be dark enough for even the most fair of people and it drives me mad!

I am having the same problems with Fake Bake delivery they are not reliable at all, you need to make sure you give yourself at least two weeks grace to order they do not do any emergency deliveries or give any timescales!

I mainly use Organics but originally used Fake Bake so still have some clients that want it, IMO it is a lovely tan but I hate that you cant really predict what colour someone will go and their delivery is unpredictable. It also really goes up your nose loads when spraying and this doesnt happen when I use any other tan!

I'm reluctant to try something that I can't compare to what I've used before. All the brands I've used all have % on them so you know roughly what you're expecting it to come out like.
I used to use the original solution but clients kept saying it wasnt dark enough so I started using the darker solution. It looks lovely on my fair skin clients and my olive skin clients, very natural x

Latest posts

Back