Fake Bake

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NiceHair

Reaction score
Hi, Is anyone else having a problem with Fake Bake at the moment? I placed an order a few weeks ago and gave card details. Then a week later they called and told me that they were having problems with their payment system and would email me their paypal account details so I could pay via that and receive my order. That's been about 3days now and no email. I can't get through on phone so have sent them an email. Is anyone else experiencing probs and has this got something to do with Fake Bake UK ceasing to trade???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It would seem that Fake Bake uk has ceased trading as the recievers were called in on April 30th. we have been contacted by former Fake Bake uk. employees looking for work.:sad:
As Fake Bake uk were the only distributors of this American owned brand in the uk. It may be sometime before a new distributor for Fake bake uk is trading.
It may well be that the recievers see the company as financially viable and continue to run the company whilst looking for an alternative buyer.
However the new distributor/company will not be responsible for any orders that were taken before the 30th April when Fake bake uk ceased trading.
unfortunately i believe you will need to contact the recievers to try and get your money back.

Business | Fake Bake UK CEO Steps Down As Business Is Wound Up -Today, 11:59 AM
It's been a turbulent week for Fake Bake UK. CEO, Sandra McLumpha has stepped down as CEO just as the company, set up by McLumpha in 2001, is currently being wound up after it became embroiled in debt issues related to former director, Alan Love.

The US owners, Joe and Mary Cooper have responded quickly by setting up UK subsidiary Fake Bake United in Scotland, to distribute across Europe. Fake Bake United will employ the majority of the Fake Bake UK team and has reassured salons in a statement.

"Customers can be assured that they will have access to all the wonderful Fake Bake products through the new distributor."

McLumpha will remain as a consultant for the brand but will no longer sit on the board.

Until then...geek on!

The Ed.

I read the sun article on this, and it seemed to just say that the US company was going to carry on trading in the Uk. I only buy the tan in store, and funny enough no answer! Grr. Xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back