Fake Shellac course being offered on Groupon today

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBeautyRoomClinic

Reaction score
just seen this today on Groupon.......

oops forgot to upload pic

Attachments

• wp_ss_20140921_0001.jpg
    wp_ss_20140921_0001.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 452
That is not good, but i do not think they are breaking any rules. They dont seem to be offering a cnd certificate , just a shellac manicure one. There are lots of courses in my area similar to this. Makes me mad.

i know grrr, i thought they weren't allowed to use the word 'Shellac'

I would have thought the same, but they do, so it must be ok. Very mis leading though. Then with their £39 certificate, they can register with sweet squared and buy shellac just like us.

This would have to be a recognised certificate to be able to practice it on the public. Most 'shellac' type products are available to people with a recognised manicure certificate. This definitely isn't a recognised manicure certificate.

I see this as more suitable for someone wanting to do this at home. Don't bother having it done in salon and picking your beauty therapists brains on timings etc just go on this course!

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

There are very similar courses in my area, that are certified by certain insurance companies on here. A recent one was for £45 manicure & gel polish. In fairness though the courses are crap. x

Might be worth emailing a copy of this to Sweet Squared.

I know a few girls who have done this course and its taught using a product called CCO Shellac and Bluesky shellac. One of the girls showed me her course notes and it mentions if using CND shellac you must use their lamp and gives a slightly different soak of procedure for using CND as apposed to other gel brands. I am sure that the certificates they received says they are qualified in CND Shellac/soak off polish.

Unfortunately the term "shellac" has become a generic term , like the "Hoover" of vacuum cleaners

i.e. People commonly refer to their "hoover" when they actually mean a different brand of vacuum cleaner

Now people seem to be calling everything "shellac" when they actually mean gel polish, not CND Shellac....

Frustrating for everyone who has paid a premium for CND Shellac training and products! I think it should be made clearer so that clients know exactly what they are getting. I've lost count of the number of times clients have told me they've "had Shellac on their nails" but it turned out not to be CND Shellac.

Latest posts

Back