Famous hair cuts?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazybek

Reaction score
Just thought i would start a thread to see how many of your clients come in with pictures or just asking for certain famous hair cuts/styles?

Ive had some very interesting and totally inappropriate ones!!

I wait with baited breath!!......

:wink2:

hmmmmm let me think...... I once had a lady come in and ask for a David Bowie :eek:
:wink2:

Bloody 'concave bobs' as the general public like to call them..I actually think they are beautiful when done on the right person but i'm getting a bit bored of them to be honest! I also get a lot of Kim Kardashian piccies brought in for curls/waves, mainly on Fridays and Saturdays when they are going out. I once had an asian lady who had short hair bring me a photo of Beyonce when she had the cornrow braids lol needless to say she didn't get what she wanted! xx

Where I used to work I had a
Lady who loved it short and spiky on top and long and curled at the bottom. We suggested other things but she wanted that! Every time she loved, I would cringe as she walked out the door. I know the cut itself was perfect but the style was more of a mullet.... But the main thing was the client was happy x

Lady who loved it short and spiky on top and long and curled at the bottom. We suggested other things but she wanted that! Every time she loved, I would cringe as she walked out the door. I know the cut itself was perfect but the style was more of a mullet.... But the main thing was the client was happy x

Oh my goodness :eek:

Where do we draw the line between our professional integrity and what the client wants?

After all, they walk our with our name on it.... A curly mullet or a david bowie is just cringey!
xxxx

Jennifer Anniston! Justin bieber, anyone remember the gareth gates look? :s cringe! I had it too

yes! And I shudder when people ask for the POB! Wasnt he a kids tv charachter?? ;)

Back in the day, we did alot of "claire from steps" hair ups. Just awful.

Iv had a lady with a David Bowie, she also had another style similar but I can't remember the name, had to look online at who it was.
Had a lady ask for a pink style.
Hannah Montanna was a popular one a while back and is coming back again now. Xoxo

I had a lady ask for, in the Disney movie tangled when she cuts all her hair off!!! I knew what she ment but what a funny reference lol x

My worSt was an Asian lady, with really long hair

She had 4 pictures
She wanted Victoria beckham style bob, with Jennifer annistons shoulder length bob,
The other 2 pics were of a woman with really tight curls, and another was a woman with sleek straight hair.
She wanted it to sit long at the back like jennifer but her sides to be very short and pointy like Victoria (her words)
She then said she wanted it perming so it was so curly, but only for a week as she wanted it sleek straight next week.
I couldn't cope :(
We ended up with a trim on what she already had, as I refused to combine the two styles it would of look awful.

Best one I had was a girl coming in with long thick hair and a side fringe. She said can I have my fringe cut like this...

Get her phone out and shows me a picture of Justin beiber...

I said well I wasn't expecting you show me a picture of him.

We compromised and went for a sweeping fringe.

omg i had a client just like this!! i would cringe so much but it was what she wanted and she loved it!!!

Oh yes!! recently had quite a few wanting hair like Cheryl Cole when they have fine wispy hair!! I just tell them, it ain't gonna happen!! politely of course!! They just don't realise that sometimes it isn't possible!

The latest problem I have is people seeing celebrities dark one minute and then bleach blonde the next. They think it's OK to do this because the celebs do but I tell them that if they were to see the state of their hair close to then they would realise how awful the condition of their hair is.

Tulisa is the latest to have gone from very dark to blonde! Her hair must have been crucified to get it to lift that blonde! I don't think it looks good on her either. I will give her a few weeks before she is back to dark brown!

And i had a lady who said 'ive drew you a picture of how i want my hair' and she pulls out this crumpled peice of paper with a stick woman on it with spikes for fringe and then just two sticks at he side of her head for the rest of the hair! i do not know how i kept a straght face!!! when i had finished her hair she got the picture back out and put it next to herself in the mirror and said oh wow thats just like the picture thanks!!!xxx

and i had a lady who said 'ive drew you a picture of how i want my hair' and she pulls out this crumpled peice of paper with a stick woman on it with spikes for fringe and then just two sticks at he side of her head for the rest of the hair! I do not know how i kept a straght face!!! When i had finished her hair she got the picture back out and put it next to herself in the mirror and said oh wow thats just like the picture thanks!!!xxx

pmsl :d

And i had a lady who said 'ive drew you a picture of how i want my hair' and she pulls out this crumpled peice of paper with a stick woman on it with spikes for fringe and then just two sticks at he side of her head for the rest of the hair! i do not know how i kept a straght face!!! when i had finished her hair she got the picture back out and put it next to herself in the mirror and said oh wow thats just like the picture thanks!!!xxx

Actually on the salon floor with laughter! Tears running down my face! Best get up before my next client in 10! ;) x

Actually speechless!!!

Oh my gosh, I'm sat here In fits of laughter at your story, I can actually visualise this stick woman!haha!xx

I agree with the above, clients wanting what celebs have. Alot of these celebs where a wig/extensions and hair pieces just to get a new colour too! I hate tulisa's hair. She doesn't suit blonde at all.xx

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA that has made my day! xxxxx

Who's talented enough to do this for me please? But I want to do it like prince charming from Cinderella too xoxo

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1348076005.148580.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1348076005.148580.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 154

Latest posts

Back