Fashion colors dilemma

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

debbie 2324

Reaction score
Hi . I have a client that has hot pink in her hair and she wants to remove it. I did a strand test of her pink hair using bleach with 40 volume developer and it didn't do a thing. Can anyone tell me how to get these fashion colors out of your hair?

Why on earth did you use bleach with 40vol?

Because I wanted to pull it out of the hair but it didn't even lift at all. What should I have used . I'm all ears lol.

What is the pink from? Brand?

The brand is unknown . She's a new client and she did it herself at home. It is a fuscia pink.

Can you tell us more about her hair and what you're trying to achieve?

Natural base, is it bleached under the pink, current condition etc.

If it's a direct dye that sits on the outside of the cuticle, bleach won't do much. If it's not budged at all, it sounds like she's either re-applied the pink several times or its severely damaged underneath and it's stained the cuticle.

Can you post a picture?

She put Splat fire ombré on it. She is wanting black underneath and platinum blonde on top. She is a natural level 5

Here is a picture.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1449346446.090614.jpg

And yes she had some blonde underneath prior to this color

Ah, Splat over bleached hair...!

That's not budging this side of Christmas, lol.

Seriously, I've used that stuff myself and it stains indelibly. It doesn't fade out as quickly as most of the other direct dyes, even after only one application. It's like the superglue of colour for hair.

Platinum blonde - I honestly don't think that's likely in the short term unless you're prepared to spend literally hours on it and/or she's prepared for a pixie/chemical cut.

I think you're going to have to drastically reduce her expectations as to what's realistically achievable. You could start with a clear permanent 00 and 6% developer (1:1) and see if it shifts it at all.

Good luck!

If her hairs not too damaged I would use Effasol with 20 vol to strip then fill and recolonize

Do what AcidPerm suggests, use clear & 6%

Thank you all so much. You've been very helpful. I will sit down with her and explain what I have learned here and we will decide where to go from here. Love this site! Thanks again.

Malibu makes a direct dye lifter, you could give that a shot it is designed specifically for this purpose

Latest posts

Back