Father's Day... what you getting?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hippy-chick

Reaction score
Mr Chick doesn't want anything for Father's Day but it would be a shame not to get him anything, and Master Chick would be upset if we didn't get anything.

So, we are getting a mobile car valeter out to do the works for him.

I was going to pay for him to get a proper wet cut throat shave but think he would appreciate this more.

so, what you getting your old man?

My dad deserves nothing from me, but my mums husband, who i guess is my stepdad, i am getting the mumford and sons cd cos i got him biffy clyro for xmas and he liked it. need a card now, preferably not saying youre like a father to me on it!
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr Chick doesn't want anything for Father's Day but it would be a shame not to get him anything, and Master Chick would be upset if we didn't get anything.

I was going to pay for him to get a proper wet cut throat shave but think he would appreciate this more.

Well I was stuck for ideas but that is a great one - so may have to pinch it from you :D

Sadly I wont be getting my father anything this year as the old bugger passed away last year....my thoughts will of course be very much with him on Fathers day.

On a lighter more positive note and whilst I wont be seeing either of my two boys on this day they two will be very much in my thoughts and a little birdie tells me that my older son Simon,who is attending art college and is attaining distinctions in his 3D art has made something for his dad....so looking forward to seeing and having some of his work.

By the way the valet is an excellent idea however for me a real treat would have been a visit to an old fashioned barber and having a wet cut throat shave and maybe me shoes polished whilst sitting reading a paper....shame there isn't a national chain of such places...I really do feel there is a market for them.

Either way...hope Mr Chick ,as well as you all ,have a fab day:hug:

Sadly I wont be getting my father anything this year as the old bugger passed away last year....my thoughts will of course be very much with him on Fathers day.

Either way...hope Mr Chick ,as well as you all ,have a fab day:hug:

Yes I'm still a bit raw myself Collin as my dad died end of February this year and I buried him in March.

Its also going to be really strange getting my first birthday card just from my mum.

Yes I'm still a bit raw myself Collin as my dad died end of February this year and I buried him in March.

Its also going to be really strange getting my first birthday card just from my mum.

Sorry to hear that...its hard isnt it....oddly though im sure he will be in your thoughts and heart on Fathers day...time to spend some time perhaps thinking of good times with him hey??

Oddly my father got up from his chair to see visitors off ...keeled over and died...at least a good way to go however what was spooky was I received his Christmas card after he had died...he posted it the day before he left us....It was quiet nice though but a bit of a nerve ratteler.

Anhoo's this thread has gotten potentially somewhat morbid...but then positive also.

Fathers Day is a special day as are most fathers and a good time to show them what they mean to us :hug:

So hoping all you peeps have a happy fathers day and fathers...well happy fathers day guy's :hug:

Well I've not seen my father since I was 13, so no card for him then butttttttt:D

hubby will get 2 cards from the cats (which are quite funny as the card is actually written as if from a cat) I know I'm a sad case:D:D
and a top that he has had his eye on for a while.
My father in law will be getting a heicopter trip. Can't wait to see his face.

Well my dad is getting a visit from me as his present & a funny card :D ( I'm a great present! lol) xx

yeh, sorry to bring the mood down a bit.

unfortunatley the mobile valeter is fully booked, but funnily enough a flyer came through the letterbox last night for a new place, so going to give them a ring now, and Mr Chick took his hornet into work today so his stinky car is out front, going to give them a ring now.

He's away for the weekend on his bike so an early present wouldn't go amiss.

I did the valeting gift for my dad a few Christmasses ago. Went down well :)

This year I am actually broke this month, not a usual or comfortable position to be in, so he is going to get a card and something fancy made in the kitchen.

well it went down a storm! he was made up!

he went out about 3 times to look at it and drove off this morning with a smile on his face.

Latest posts

Back