Faulty hair extensions Beautyworks

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lynseylashes

Reaction score
I fitted some Beautyworks celebrity choice hair extensions just after 11 March. It was a weft sewn in.
The client rang yesterday and said that a lot of hair is coming out of them everytime she brushes them.
This is the first time a client as said this so I'm wondering could they be faulty.

Anyway I rang Beautyworks and explained and they said I can send them back as long as it's within 30 days of purchase which means 10 April. They said I have to send the full hair back and they will test it which will take about 2 weeks. If it's found faulty they will send new hair. If it's not they will send the same hair back.

I did ask if I could send just the hair that hadn't been fitted for them to test and if found faulty send the rest but they said no.

The client doesn't know what to do as she doesn't want to be without hair extensions for like 2-3 weeks.

Also if she does send it back I feel as though I would have to fit the hair again for free as the client hasn't had her full time out of the fitting. And I would also be out of pocket of postage cost for me to send the hair back.

Another thing I was thinking was the 30 day purchase thing seems a bit harsh when the hair is ment to last around 6 months. In shops if you buy something and it goes faulty you have the right to take it back don't you.

I can understand that they may do it because some people would lie to get fresh hair. But in this case the client loves having them in and her own hair is very thin and she feels like she's losing out by having to send them back and wait and then have them refitted again.

In my experience most suppliers always say they tested the hair and it's fine, ask them where nd how they test the hair bet they don't tell you x

Latest posts

Back