Favorite CND L&P

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Unique.Tips

Reaction score
Do you mean which Monomer we prefer to use?

If so I used to use Retention + with huge success then had a few hasher's and basher's of clients so went on to use Radical and have never had a problem with breaking since then.
:hug:

Radical is my favourite CND monomer. I teach with Retention+ but i love Radical.

I have a few clients that are tough in there nails, and i have to say when using the retention or moxie i chip my corners. I haven't tried radical and just wondered if it makes them a lot harder to file being a stronger monomer. Slightly side tracking here, i have one lady in particular that always lifts and Quite badly. Always has some missing, puts me on a downer. Do you think i should try the primer (not sure of the name) with the moxie or change to radical? Does radical set slower like retention, may i get little bubbles like i did with retentionl? Not sure what ways best with clients like this as i dont get too many, luckly, (not anymore anyway). Many thanks
Victoria

I have a few clients that are tough in there nails, and i have to say when using the retention or moxie i chip my corners. I haven't tried radical and just wondered if it makes them a lot harder to file being a stronger monomer. Slightly side tracking here, i have one lady in particular that always lifts and Quite badly. Always has some missing, puts me on a downer. Do you think i should try the primer (not sure of the name) with the moxie or change to radical? Does radical set slower like retention, may i get little bubbles like i did with retentionl? Not sure what ways best with clients like this as i dont get too many, luckly, (not anymore anyway). Many thanks
Victoria

That is why CND make 3 monomers as they have special attributes for different client lifestyles. One choice never works for every single client as we all know. CND monomers cover all the bases for serious technicians who want to please every client.

Radical monomer for the ones who are chip-prone who need really tough nails ... no that does not make the product hard .. quite the reverse ... it makes them slightly more flexible to resist tough presure and still soft to file. Suits 95% of clients but if you have a small percentage of lift prone clients choose .................

Retention+ is for lift prone clients and will also suit 95 % of your clients but if you have a small percentage who are prone to chipping and breaking choose ............... Retention+.

Moxie is for technicians who like a fast set monomer ... often people who have used other products that have a faster set to them prefer this monomer. Works like all the other CND monomers .. same mix ratio etc. 3 fab monomers so that you can have alternatives for 100% client satisfaction.

Bubbles ... maybe you would prefer to use Moxie monomer because if you see bubbles, then you are working too fast for the slower setting monomer you are using. Its just understanding your product chemistry.

For Retention+ and Radical, Slow down a little for 2-3 seconds after you press the bead onto the plate and let it settle out THEN start to press it out. Really a very simple solution. No bubbles. Work with the product. The chemistry is different with CND so learn work with it it's really just a case of taking a nice deep breath before you start to press the bead out. Try it and see. :hug:

Last edited:
I found that i did rush with retention+. !st hand i would tell myself wait and wait a little longer, By the time i reached the other had i realised i would be back at my normal pace. the second hand always had more bubbles.I do find Moxie better for me. Makes sense radical being more flexible to stop the breaks as we would want natural brittle nails with a bit more bend. Must give it a go. thanks:)

I love moxie, I love the color clarity, I love how it feels when finishing with this it is my fave, I use it without primer as I would retention and radical ( well I never use primer, unless I have seen myself lifting issues)

I love working with semi/sheer cc percfect colour powders love the consistancy.

I love moxie, I love the color clarity, I love how it feels when finishing with this it is my fave, I use it without primer as I would retention and radical ( well I never use primer, unless I have seen myself lifting issues)

I love working with semi/sheer cc percfect colour powders love the consistancy.

So is primer not required with CND l&p? Unless lifting is seen?

Keri Hemba
Social Agenda Salon
Jackson, MS USA
[email protected]
Visit my blog at
http://uniquenailsbykeri.blog.com

Find me Facebook!

Retention+ and Moxie are both primerless monomers...

Radical is recomended to be used with CND acid free primer, but as gigi will tell you, it's optional if you know what you're doing...

CND do not use an acid primer at all. Acid free primer is available, but in most cases they are really supplying it to techs using other companies, or for those that convert and are not comfortable working without one...

It can, and does get recommended by educators as a 'band aid' solution to a lifting issue when you are working through the 'real' causes - which is almost always either preperation of the natural nail, or mix ratio...

hth's

Well retention and moxie create a covelant to the natural nail, whereas radical doesnot create this covelant bond therefore that's why cnd recommend the use of nail prime with radical.

I never use primer with any of the three monomers though, but that's me ,, when using moxie or retention and slight lifting is experienced and problemshooting has been looked at then primer can be used with them also.

Hth

Hey guys,ive been thinking of changing from retention to moxie, as I can work alot faster than the product sets..is moxie a faster setting version of retention or is it totaly different.. xxx

Hey guys,ive been thinking of changing from retention to moxie, as I can work alot faster than the product sets..is moxie a faster setting version of retention or is it totaly different.. xxx

I'll take this one!! According to Gigi it's the same just sets up faster.

Keri Hemba
Social Agenda Salon
Jackson, MS USA
[email protected]
Visit my blog at
http://uniquenailsbykeri.blog.com

Find me Facebook!

I'll go one further ;)

Moxie was developed for competitions hence the speed

The pink and white (or whichever colour) will also really pop with an intensity - stunning

Great, so moxie will have the same lift prevention as retention then? Think im going to convert to it x

You will love it Sarah as I said above the colours just pop when using this. I love how it feels when finishing. Just be work the way you would but you gotta work pretty quick don't be tempted to work wetter.

Moxie is great for the cold weather or draughty salons as the drop in temperature effects the cure time as we all know so by using moxie in the winter can compensated ,, but remember itvwill be reverse in the summer months.

Yay sold lol! Im going to get a trial size, cant wait as I love retention, but I would love to be able to just pick up a bead, put it on and start working it, rather than wait two seconds here and there! Thanks for the advice x

Latest posts

Back