Favorite enamel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Favorite enamel line

• Creative

Votes: 52 57.1%
  • OPI

Votes: 18 19.8%
  • Jessica

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Essie

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Other

Votes: 17 18.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I look for a polish that is 'enamel' quality paint, not just a lacquer or a polish.

It must have excellent coverage, dry quickly, have a high quality brush and a full range of colours that are updated regularly to compliment fashion trends.

Creative enamels do it for me.

I like a varnish with good colour, coverage, & a nice quality of brush. I also like a bottle that is ergonomical, so i can hold it in the same hand i hold my clients finger with.
My fav's include;
CND, OPI, and millenuim

I'm in agreeance with Geeg, it must be of good quality, good coverage, a true colour, ie. what you see in the bottle is what you get. It must have a good quality brush and I'm afraid to say it, but it must be tastefully packaged!

The brush has to be a major part of a nail polish, if you have a crap brush your job of making those luscious nails just sheer perfection is just not gonna happen :shock: Hey, don't you just love it when your client comes in and says I've brought my own polish ------ aaaargh!

A few of mine use Estee Lauder..............erh how much did that cost you..........£12.00...........HOW MUCH!!!! Oh but it's such a good make.........I don't think so, how about buying one of mine. A professional product costing you a mere £6.50 - £7.50!!! hmmmm.

Calm down love.............ok, I'm ok now, promise (apart from the fact that I'm talking and answering myself :shock: )

I use CND, Essie, Jessica and have a few Zoya (not reordering anymore although I think they are a nice polish to work with).

Dizzy Dellie

yep...sinful is still around, i have a fair few of their polishes, the whole salers i use sell them but personally i like misa and attitude polishes especialy their american manicure.

In my shop have many brand we try christian dior revlon pierre cardin loreal za no7 and no17 .

The best i like not have many is opi i think this no1 that i have tried i no have seen creative .

I want good black polish and companys not make many .

Kop khun ka mui

Mui said:
I want good black polish and companys not make many .
Kop khun ka mui

Mui, CND do a fab black called 'Voodoo' - your CND distributor I think is Takara Belmont near Tokyo!! Hope that helps! ;)

hi ya mui i have on the voodoo creative nail polish that mrs geek is talking about it is a fantastic glossy black has great coverage and is well worth having if you can get hold of it !
hows the weather out in phuket? hot here 8) 33 degrees here
nickki jonesx

Sawadee Ka

I will look for what you tell me i happy if i can get for shop now low season and have weather some time good and some time no good have rain shop yesterday no good have rain only 420 baht mui lose again last nite many dream .

No customer have time many hour use airbrush and now good next week i no come geek i go hospital and have baby mayb 2 or 4 day i not shop .

Kop khun ka

Mui

Sawadee Ka

I want have photo mui on geek how i can do .

Kop khun ka

mui

Sawadee Ka,

Good Luck!! Congratulations for your new baby!
We can't wait to see photos!

Kop khun ka,

Sawadee Ka,
Good luck and may you have a healthy and happy baby, may it bring you joy and happiness...............

Kop khun ka,
Ruth xxxxxxx

Sawadee Ka

Ruth i not long soon i think i jeb and tired long time doctor tell me soon mayb number 11 i want number 12 queen thailand birthday .

Kop khun ka

Mui

For me its got to be Creative. As a mobile tech I bought the Creative mobile case and its great - my clients love it :D

I also do kiddies nail parties and use the Toma Mood Changing polishes and holographic topcoats for these.

Shaza

i have three different brand of colours with about 320 colours to choose from. (even though the majority of people still have the french polish)
my favourite polishes at the moment are essie! i think they have a fantastic range of colours(over 230) and loads of different french base coats to choose from. I am also a favorite of the toma mood changing and chome which are brill in summer. i also use some alan roy polishes as well! i have not had a look at the creative polishes yet but i am thinking of doing a conversion course so i will be having a look yet!
The only thing that puts me off OPI is that you seem to see it every where including QVC at half the price it is in salons!

I love TOMA polish. My fav and most used is one called Van Gogh. It is exactly the same colour as a natural tip, I use it at infill time to cover natural nail growth under fibreglass. Loads of my clients come back two weeks later without any chipping. Its much more natural looking than white.

The mood changing colour range from TOMA fly off the shelves, especially if I am wearing one.

I also like NOCTI and good old fashion Mary Quant - great bottles and great coverage.

I am also an enamel addict and have absolutely loads for client use. The only problem is that it can sometimes take them ages to choose a colour - too much on the menu!

well i use OPI and have never had a problem with it. anna from toronto said that she finds that it thickens quite quickly. if you keep your laquers in the fridge (i do and it drives my hubby mad) and i find that this stops them from going thick.

OPI-nails said:
well i use OPI and have never had a problem with it. anna from toronto said that she finds that it thickens quite quickly. if you keep your laquers in the fridge (i do and it drives my hubby mad) and i find that this stops them from going thick.
Very hard though when you have a salon and 1000 enamels in there. Personally I don't think you should have to keep a good enamel in the fridge when you are paying £3.00 + vat (if not more) for it to stay OK!! I would want mine to perform brilliantly all the time with out the aid of a fridge - just my humble opinion of course :o

Mrs Geek said:
Very hard though when you have a salon and 1000 enamels in there. Personally I don't think you should have to keep a good enamel in the fridge when you are paying £3.00 + vat (if not more) for it to stay OK!! I would want mine to perform brilliantly all the time with out the aid of a fridge - just my humble opinion of course :o

I agree i always take my polish on holiday and some fare much better than others, i took my creative galm queen with me this time to the maldives (which was fab but very hot) and it survived on the nightstand. Guess what brand i prefer??? I also like LCN though but they dont last that long some great colours though.

I am really appreciating this thread, b/c i need toget some polishes to work with, and it's very hard to know which ones to choose!
I currently have a few Mavala ones, and Sinful. I am unlikely to need a big stock, probably only about 10-15 colours and no more than a few to sell.
I need to get them from a company that will be happy to deal with small amounts because of this. I would like a company that don't test on animals.

What about base and top coats? which are the best? :?:

even though im a guy , im a bit of a polish whore.....lol
at the salon we have 350 diff.colors ,majority of the colors are creative,opi,and essie. we also carry nicole,china glaze,orly .......and so on .i even keep a few chanel colors for some of my society women.Im alway lookin for new polish .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back