Feathers in gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lolly_lewis

Reaction score
hello

has anyone tried embedding feathers in gel?

i was thinking about trying it cause it looks interesting...
:D:D

Lolly lou , regarding the thread where you say you tip with gel, do you buff the end of the nail, i am afraid i might weaken the nail further

no, i just apply 1 coat of clear bio sculpture gel further down the nail... i only use it for a few weeks as the nail grows out after having enhancements.. the nails are really sort.. i only really use it when i really think they need a bit extra on the ends as they grow out....

yes, i have done it in gel and in l/p acrylic. i make sure the feathers are low down in the structure so that it doesnt get spoiled when shaping with the file and it has a perfectly smooth finish.
i have some nice feathers in my nail art shop:green::down:

I've done it. It's quite the job in gel LOL

I applied a thin layer of gel as a base, cured, wiped dispersion, filed.
Then used resin adhesive to lay the feathers down, then capped in clear gel and finished the nail as usual.

These were done waaaaaaaaaay back, so not my best work, but interesting all the same:
14766_100158270012814_100000559231990_1798_1782220_n.jpg

I've done it. It's quite the job in gel LOL

I applied a thin layer of gel as a base, cured, wiped dispersion, filed.
Then used resin adhesive to lay the feathers down, then capped in clear gel and finished the nail as usual.

These were done waaaaaaaaaay back, so not my best work, but interesting all the same:
14766_100158270012814_100000559231990_1798_1782220_n.jpg

- oooh wow just look at those! The feathers look fabulouso !!!! xx

Gorgeous V :)

I have a pheasant hanging right now awaiting being cooked so if any of you Geeks would like to try with gorgeous pheasant feathers, gimme a yell! ( bit odd this country living I tell you - my neighbour brought me it as a early Christmas gift!?!?)

Thanks peeps! I have pics somewhere of blue ones too hmmmmm wonder where they're hiding?
Oh, found them

These were actually done in 'gel-resine' aka tip-n-dip and these were my very FIRST set of feathers (on myself). Not such a great job, but the blue was pretty.

14766_100158563346118_100000559231990_1885_7808540_n.jpg

ooo pheasant feathers.... that would be interesting!

Welcome to some if you wanna try Lolly :) I have tonnes of feathers from when I packed in my corsetry business - have about 500 peacock feathers here too!!

Welcome to some if you wanna try Lolly :) I have tonnes of feathers from when I packed in my corsetry business - have about 500 peacock feathers here too!!

:green:<------- (hopping up and down waving) ME ME ME PICK ME PICK ME:!:

Hook me up girlfriend :)

Ummmmmmm have I told you I love you? Would that help?
LMFAO

lmao V - PM me your address hun and I will pop you some in the post tomorrow :D :D xx

some pheasant feathers for me.. i just love pheasants it makes me smile when i see them in a field!

Drop me a PM hun and I will get some in an envelope for you :D :D

Oh my they are amazing!!!! I have never seen anything like that b4!!

Is it any feathers you can use? Think I will try this :) x

lmao V - PM me your address hun and I will pop you some in the post tomorrow :D :D xx

Send me yours and I'll hook ya up with some glitters and 'fun' from my dollar-store. That place has GREAT stuff for nail art :green:

V and Lolly - post on way to yuo both xxx

oh great thanks!

Love the pics Victoria.. they're really fab!!

We'll all be looking forward to more pics when you get the pheasant feathers!:)

Latest posts

Back