Feedback from clients

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nailsinlondon1

Reaction score
Well I had a thought!!!!
But how are any of these less skilled Technicians going to know that their nails are not up do industry standard or even eye pleasing standard......
If no one tells them how will they ever improve, or see the light and get added training ????
I for one know, that if I do not like a service hair, beauty or nails I would tell !!!!!
I would not shout rant or rave, I would be polite and point this out..........
Technicians like these mentioned think they are good technicians, because every body seems happy and no one complains lol.......... Well they do but not to those that need to hear it lol.........
If I did a nail service and found that the client was not 100% happy then I would rather hear it there and then.................

These are the Technicians that after a while in business find them selfs out of business and it is a shame, because all it needed was a friendly word........
I for one would rather help those and get them to have more education and skill tweaking.............and sometimes it is ony a tiny bit of tweaking needed.....
So maybe there is food for thought here.........If you dont like something speak up, it give the other person a chance to evalute their skills, specially if they hear it more then once.....and if they are serious about their business and want to be the best, they might just take it to heart and get some more education.............

All might not be lost:
Jackies pic of those nails, hmmmmmmmm right awfull you might say.
Ok reduce the length, take in the hips change the shape and hey all that is not to good is the smile line..........So I would have said to the Technician, nice but...... can we shorten them, make them a bit less hippy and can we shape them a little more..............LOL but then I am an optimist lol

i ALWAYS ask my clients to TELL ME if they are not happy with their nails - after all - its MY REPUTATION ON THE LINE, even if its just to make them shorter, i would rather know so that i can rectify the problem. a happy client will always return to you wont they!!!!!!!!! i have found out that if i can get the client to tell me what what they are not happy about they wont go bad mouthing me to others, therefore lowering my reputation. that way everyone is happy. most of my clients now feel comfortable with telling me if they are not happy about something (doesnt happen that often im glad to say) i feel that i have a good reputation and i want to keep it that way. there is one salon in my town that do what THEY want, and ignore the client - apparently the client asks for square and this salon gives the client round or oval (i have had so many come to me and tell me that this salon doesnt take any notice of what the client wants), this to me is bad service, after all - the client is paying for your service and you want to keep them coming to you - not going anywhere else

I agree, many of my clients are friends and family, and feel they can't tell me if they're not happy. I always say... "Id rather spend X hours doing/re-doing these nails and them be perfect...you're a better advert for me with perfect nails!":cool:
This also makes them phone me for repairs (some feel like they don't want to put me out for one nail when I'm mobile), so I'm guaranteed a near perfect set of nails for potential clients to see (I also don't charge for repairs in the first 1-2wks).
I always check a client is happy with the length/shape etc during the appt, and sometimes follow-up a client with phonecall, to make sure they're happy. So I agree with Ruth, this tech should have the benefit of your feedback... but personally, as a tech, I would have asked for feedback, to make sure the nails are as a client wanted them to be?
THis is an intersting thread, cos I sometimes think that questioning the client makes me seem like I don't know what I'm doing, or not very confident. I hope to put together a portfolio to clients can 'pick' their chosen look - just like when you take a picture of your fave hairdo to the the hairdressers!
...sorry just realised i've strayed off the point a bit:o

I agree with you about being told if something isn't the way you want it. But don't you find that most people tell you they are ok when sometimes you know something isn't quite the way they want it??

Like you said, some people are almost reluctant to tell youif they want them shorter or a little squarer as they don't want to upset you or feel like they are complaining. Then the other end of the scale, you'll get a client who nit picks the whole time and no matter what you do it won't be good enough.

i too would rather people were honest , i was the same when i did hair , i used to really push it on m y client to tell me if there were anything they didnt like , and i didnt mind spending x amount of time getting it to what they wanted, as long as they left happy i was fine, granted i dont like people just turning round and going they are awful , your crap, (luckily i havent had this yet and dont hope to lol ) i am very honest with clients, and i think they like it

Yes i agree, like u all i make my client well aware that if they r not happy with their nails please let me no in fact its not just the nails i ask about it is every service that i offer and when u look properly at the nails Ruth is quite right. I think we were all to quick to judge and condemn the nail tech i would hate to have my nails talked about like that

I never waited until the end of the service to ask if my client was happy with the shape and look of my work. I would finish one nail and then ask.

If everything was interpreted correctly for her then I moved on or changed the look if I needed to. The most common problem is interpretation ... the client would ask for square so I would give them square ... then they would look and say .. well not exactly square, I prefer them with no corners!!! :confused: So what they meant in the first place was square round but didn't know how to say it. Understanding between client and technician is very important from the outset.

So don't wait until the end when you may have to re-shape 10 nails!! Pose the question after finishing one ... it will save allot of aggravation and time.

great idea laura, this is something that has never reached the top of my "to do" list!!
there r 6 people working in my salon, & we all wear very different nails.
sometimes there r white & pink's in square, stiletto, short long etc.
more often than not there r a few weird & wonderful nails aswell!
people often comment that they would like nails like one of the girls have.
but if ur working on ur own, then pictures would b a great idea.
like geeg, experience has told me to check after 1 nail!
liza xx

...what drives me nuts is clients not being brave (for want of a better word) enough to tell me....

I would never walk out of a salon of any sort if I was not happy but I guest some people just can't muster the courage to tell us...

I am going to leave a client question with all me clients from now on with an prepaid ennvelope stamped with my address to get some feed back and it will be all anonymos so they might feel they can be more honest - which hey it will kill me because I am such a softy but it will make be a better technican..

for a new client i always do the pinky first, i completly finish that nail, then ask do they like it, if they say ooh yes then i am full steam ahead for the other nine lol
i have always done this, without thinking about it.

Latest posts

Back