Feelin uninspired ... lifting, nails lost .. why?????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soul girl

Reaction score
Hi ...

Just hoping I can get some guidance and encouragement as im beginning to feel a little down hearted.

I completed my foundation in December and since then, whilst i've not been confident enough to be let loose on the general public, I do have 4 clients that I do reg on a 2 weekly basis.

Client no1 - she has terribly bitten nails and on each re balance she always seems to have lost a couple, however, this week she's lost 5! Now, i've known this lady for years and she is very heavy handed, which is why I made sure I kept them short ... just don't understand why she keeps loosing so many each week.

Client 2&3 - Im always happy with the result after re balance but when the next appointment comes they've even badly lifted or they've lost a couple.

Im beginning to get downhearted as im thinking that it must be my prep/application. Im prepping the nail properly but why am I having all these problems????

Im thinking that maybe i should book for some 1-1 or skill building so that someone can see the nails and maybe that might help.....

Just feeling a little uninspired at annoyed with myself the moment ....

Don't be too downhearted, you are very new still.

The nailbiter client is probably put her fingers in her mouth, and/or picking or nibbling them.

You are right with the other 2 that it is either your prep or your application. I would book a 121 to iron out these problems.

Good luck xxx

Hi...dont feel disheartened..we have all been there. Its still early days.

Nail biters are hard work and heavy handed nail biters are even worse....I know you said you have done the nails short but are you sure they are short enough...basically with a nail biter no length is best....nothing past their finger tip.

I think some 1 to 1 would help you lots but in the meantime....talk us through your prep and lets see if there is anything there that could be tweaked.

Hi there :hug:

just wanted to say you are not alone - this used to happen to me alot throughout training - In my case it was down to my product application - nothing was flush enough and too bulky. As the other geeks have said it would give you soo much more confidence if you book some 1 to 1 time and soon you will feel alot better about things. I remember having a crisis point during my course thinking I would never be any good and kicking myself for paying hundreds of pounds but there came a piont where everthing just seemed to click and I grew in confidence from that piont on.
karen xxx

Thanks guys ...

As im creative trained prep is as usual:

Once the product has been buffed off, cuticle remover to remove any cuticle build up, wash, scrub fresh (for a good couple of mins per nail) and onto application....

In the case of the lifting im wondering if the product is in contact with the skin, I try to leave the margin at the cuticle, however, im not sure if perhaps its touching the side walls ... how do you get those sealed in?

I'll take some b4 and after pics and load them onto my album ... I did start off taking pics but never got round to loading them on!!

Anyway if all else fails then I will book in for some 1-1 ....

One thing that has helped me tremendously is using Orly Cutique with every service. Use Scrubfresh(or something comparable), apply Cutique, wait 1 minute, then push back cuticles gently. I use an OPI Pusher Plus. Then use Scrubfresh again and procede with your normal steps. Since switching to this, I have only seen one client with a lift on one finger in the past 3 months, amazing!

Latest posts

Back