Feeling brave!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My opinion is that u shouldnt have done a set because of that finger its right next to the nail bed and its open wound...i never perform enhancements unless the cuticle is in a good condition...i have a client who keeps picking her nails and the skin arround it but really bad...when she told me she wants to have nails on i advised her to let everything heal because i cant do it unless all looks fine...

xxxxxxx

OK OK STOP!

I’ve learnt a big lesson and thanks for all your advice and views. It was all constructive and that’s what I love about this site. My wrists are slapped and I totally get that I shouldn’t have done a nail with a sore picked bit of skin, so please don’t shoot me down any more as I feel bad enough about it as it is.

I'll be working on the points gigi raised and am already trying to put in practice things i've learnt in the tutorials.

Onwards and upwards.

:)

:lol: No one is shooting you down ... just trying to impart information and to teach ... that is what this site is for after all ... however, I agree that the point has now been made so ... enough already about the sore and open skin!! :lol:

well done for posting :hug:

You have done a really good job for someone who has lost their confidence! We can all improve our sets and this would be my suggestion:

The acrylic looks a bit bumpy in places so you need to be very specific about where and how much acrylic you apply. Try to keep a picture of the perfect nail in your head as you do it. Push the acrylic into place. Bumps can also be buffed out in most cases.

Your smile lines are good, just a bit more practice needed to make them even.

Try to taper the nails in more on the sides where the pink joins the white and you will get a much more neat looking nail.

Well done again, you have done a great job brave girl :hug:

Thanks Jane,

I'm actually glad I posted now as even with this one post I've learnt A LOT!

If it helps other newbies like myself to know that they shouldn't do what I did yesterday all the better too.

Thanks for the pointers Jane.

Hey I may even be brave enough to post the next set so you guys can compare.

toodlepip! I better get some work done.... !

Latest posts

Back