feeling deflated

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sjayp

Reaction score
:irked: hi, my lovely sister came to me last night for eyelash ext, and over the past couple of weeks have been talking about going into business together i have a lovely room/salon quite large,so working from home seems to be perfect ,so decided she would do the fast track courses. when she started telling her work mates, they said, ah! not another one eveyones doing it.my mate so n so, she's doing it, and so is ? i'm thinking to myself. should i give up & try something else?. ive not been up & running for that long, and i have invested a lot of money, can someone please cheer me up.

Every trade or profession has hundreds of tradesmen or professionals. It's not about how many other people are offering the same service it is about offering the best service in your area so that people want to come to you. Don't listen to anyone else's comments, it is often jealousy anyway. Lots of people train in lots of things and lots of people don't do anything with their training. Focus on what you want to achieve and go for it, forget about the negative bystanders, they are just that!

There are tens of thousands of hairdressers but that doesn't stop me earning a living!! Some toxic people just want to stamp on your dreams because they have their own issues.

for a while just my friend was doing semi perm lash mobile, i decided to add it onto my treatments (with my friends blessing lol)
and i'd say for 1 year we were exclusive in our area,, i was even doing them 10-20 miles away...
now there are at least 5 more i know of, but i'm not worried,
a few of my clients have tried them if i've been on hols ect and they always come back,,
if your good at your job, you have no need to worry..
a bit of compitition goes a long way too. it will push you to be your best xxxxx

wow thanks ladies, your words are so full of spirit, i'm usually positive about most things, but maybe it was just the way they said it, so from now on, onwards n upwards, my sis and i will make a great team. :hug:

good on ya... go get em haha xx

You always get people trying to give you a bit of a dressing down/ picking at you, it's just to make themselves feel better.

Recently i had a lady in my salon almost interogating my nail tech 'why are you doing that' 'doesnt that damage the nails' etc and talking loudly to her friend (who was getting her nails done,) about another group of people they knew that always had very blonde highlighted hair and 'too much' makeup on (this lady was more mature and pretty but lets just say un-kempt.) and generally being a b*tch. As my spray tan client was getting ready she was asking me about tanning 'doesnt it make you go orange?' etc I was glad I had a client to do at this point as this lady was winding me up.
Then she said 'well when you spray the face, isnt it bad for your eyes?' i replied 'no you just close them' then my tan client called she was ready and I left this woman a beautiful shade of blush! Thats karma! Just because we do beauty doesnt mean we are stupid and just because one person thinks that doesnt mean you should stop! xx

I do waxing and i'v been on a few courses for alternative therapys. In Sept i start collage again for 2y, doing beauty etc.
Every time i do a course my mother says to me in a real sarcastic tone 'well. If YOUR serious about this.....'
I tell her her i do it for fun, hence i spent loads on training, getting my room together, and going to collage for a further 2y. Or i get how well so so is doing etc..
I think sometimes people dont like to see your doing well and get jealous. Ignore them, be the best you can and offer that little something extra. Clients will soon return and recomend you.

Latest posts

Back