Feeling disrespected

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sam81

Reaction score
Well my other half and I have had yet another disagreement about me having male clients. He says they must all surely be perverts and weirdos. I have a few loyal regular male clients who mostly have deep tissue massage and obviously it's all above board but he just can't see it, I don't know what on earth he thinks I do! I just feel like he sees no value in my job at all and I think it's really disrespectful to me with all my training and 4 and a half years trying to build up a solid business. Does anyone else have similar issues and how do you deal with it? Feeling really upset right now :rolleyes:

I dont see how male clients are any different from female ones i have a couple mainly for waxing sometimes they have had massage they have the same muscle problems as females my partner doesnt seem to bother although i wouldnt listen to him anyway

Sent from my LG-E610 using SalonGeek mobile app

I wax and my partner doesn't want me to do males as he doesn't want me in a room on my own! For him it's a safety thing even though I work in a salon with 4 others all I would have to do is shout

I strongly suspect that this has less to do how he values your job and far more to do with his own personal issues of insecurity. How on earth you deal with insecurity I have no idea!!

I agree with Martin, i think they are just worried incase you fall for them, maybe if you ask them if they were in your position would they see that as possible, if they say yes (without thinking about it) you could say wow! your easy lol

My significant other respects what I do and while he supports me there was a time when he hated male clients. However, I just told him it was not any different than the ladies that work with him in his office and he quickly changed his tune.

I think you've hit the nail on the head Martin. I've talked round in circles with him enough times and it's his problem not mine! I'll just have to ignore him I think. Just makes me so mad!

Now I don't have this problem with massage etc but I'd love to do male intimate waxing. But hubby says no way not now not ever.
Do any other females have this problem? Obviously to me it would be 100% professional but be just doesn't get it, and to be fair I would want him to wax ladies! (If he did this as a job haha)

Laura xx

Now I don't have this problem with massage etc but I'd love to do male intimate waxing. But hubby says no way not now not ever.
Do any other females have this problem? Obviously to me it would be 100% professional but be just doesn't get it, and to be fair I would want him to wax ladies! (If he did this as a job haha)

Laura xx

My husband wants to go into business with me and to do female intimate waxing. It's not happening. Dirty boy.

I'm in the salon in my own and I made the decision when I was opening that it would be ladies only! The salon I worked in before I opened my own was in a hotel and I used to do a fair bit of massage on men, it never really bothered me and my hubby never said anything but there was a big staff and a gym beside us so I knew if anything ever went wrong that help was near, but in my own salon I'm all alone so I wouldn't like to put myself in the position of being in on my own with a man I don't know!

Amanda xx

My husband wants to go into business with me and to do female intimate waxing. It's not happening. Dirty boy.

Well he's never mentioned it but I think it just seems wrong the other way around?! Maybe one day he'll come round and I'll do a course :)

Laura xx

Laura xx
Laura do you work from home or have a salon?
I would be tempted to just do the course, afterall this is your line of work.. Would your hubby like it if he could only work with certain people?

I would just do it Lolli, don't mention it to him and save up all the money you make from it then book a holiday. See if he still complains about it then! Personally I can't imagine anything worse than waxing dangly bits haha!

I would just do it Lolli, don't mention it to him and save up all the money you make from it then book a holiday. See if he still complains about it then! Personally I can't imagine anything worse than waxing dangly bits haha!

I was thinking exactly that . . . why would anyone want to lol

Laura do you work from home or have a salon?
I would be tempted to just do the course, afterall this is your line of work.. Would your hubby like it if he could only work with certain people?

I work in a salon right now, but I want to build up my skills now so when I take the plunge myself I'm ready!
Well that's a good point I may just do it :)

Laura xx

Haha dangly bits! I find it fascinating (is this the right word to use lol) and where I work now we get lots of men asking for it but we don't offer it. There's not really anyone round here who does!

Laura xx

I agree with Martin, I think that's the issue there rather than your job but I also feel this with my job, I'm a stylist and I live with two males and my chappy and none of them understand my role and what I do. When I come in from a 9 hour day I hard slog they just roll their eyes and say oh yeah gossiping is hard work isn't it. It really gets to me, I shouldn't let it but it does, it's hard physical work and mentally exhausting some days although I love it we are scientists/councilors/advisers I could go on and on but we don't et paid what they get paid, we get paid a very low wage for everything we do and yet the respect is still at a all time low in my experience. Why don't we get more respect?? I don't understand, so frustrating! Rant done lol

I'm going to be doing intimate male waxing, I've wanted to offer it for a while now but saving so I can do the course.

When I tell my friends they think I am being pervy wanting to do it, I have tried saying that you don't look at the body just the job at hand but they still think it's odd.

To me, its just hair.. Loads of salons in my areas offer female waxing but very few offer male waxing of any kind.
I'm doing a wax course on Wednesday which will cover chest and back and already I have guys interested so intimate is my next goal :)

Oh and my buddies even think waxing guys back and chest is odd too and woooooo one even thinks me waxing my daughters bikini area is wrong lol.

I'm going to be doing intimate male waxing, I've wanted to offer it for a while now but saving so I can do the course.

When I tell my friends they think I am being pervy wanting to do it, I have tried saying that you don't look at the body just the job at hand but they still think it's odd.

To me, its just hair.. Loads of salons in my areas offer female waxing but very few offer male waxing of any kind.
I'm doing a wax course on Wednesday which will cover chest and back and already I have guys interested so intimate is my next goal :)

Oh and my buddies even think waxing guys back and chest is odd too and woooooo one even thinks me waxing my daughters bikini area is wrong lol.

I do loads of back and chests. Loads ask for more areas so I know the clientele is there! We need to go for it lol.

Laura xx

Just do it, let's let our narrow minded fellas think what they like!

Latest posts

Back