Feeling like a big fat...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So girls just read your posts god we all fabulous!!!

I calculated from the results given by 6 of us we lost 43.5 pounds!!!!

thats over 3 stone of fat in one month!!!!

can you imagine how many inches and dress sizes that is??? classsss

and whats more we've started 2013 ahead of the rest of the bunch and have a good months work and achievement in the bag

Go us :wink2:

I've been doing low carb and struggling for snacks so my local Boots were selling Atkins choc & orange protein bars for 50p each .... so I bought a few and I've chopped them up into 20 calorie squares and eat one or two squares occasionally .... it has really helped me z

I've been doing low carb and struggling for snacks so my local Boots were selling Atkins choc & orange protein bars for 50p each .... so I bought a few and I've chopped them up into 20 calorie squares and eat one or two squares occasionally .... it has really helped me z

how you finding the low carb?

what wud be your typical days eating like?

I can't do low carb as I'm a veggie :-/

how you finding the low carb?

what wud be your typical days eating like?

Well I have some protein shakes on order but they haven't arrived yet, but that will be breakfast, until then it's a few nuts, or an omelette with peppers and cheese.... lunch might be chicken/tuna/salmon salad with a double helping of the protein and a sprinkling of nuts ...... dinner cauliflower cheese with bacon/chile con carne (1tbsp rice only), chicken curry (again not much rice) and no naan :rolleyes: or maybe a little bit if no rice, but lots of chicken ...... not really having desserts atm, a few nuts or pieces of Atkins bars as a snack

TONS more energy:eek: so much I frighten myself lol

Well I have some protein shakes on order but they haven't arrived yet, but that will be breakfast, until then it's a few nuts, or an omelette with peppers and cheese.... lunch might be chicken/tuna/salmon salad with a double helping of the protein and a sprinkling of nuts ...... dinner cauliflower cheese with bacon/chile con carne (1tbsp rice only), chicken curry (again not much rice) and no naan :rolleyes: or maybe a little bit if no rice, but lots of chicken ...... not really having desserts atm, a few nuts or pieces of Atkins bars as a snack

TONS more energy:eek: so much I frighten myself lol

o very similar to a bodybuilding diet then?

you should do a wee search for their diet plans and you'll get loads of ideas

my version is to keep protein as high as possible and processed carbs low low and to keep a limit in the amount id have

its that bit tricker when you have to manipulate the calories like that but i agree when the proteins high you do have so much energy

Just done a 10k run :) keeping it up

Final weigh in for this month 10st 2.75 so 5.25lb loss (was 10st 8)

I'm going to aim for another 5lb next month which will get me down to 9st 11.75 I think

Good luck for February everyone :hug::hug:

Ok, so I started my diet on the 5th of Jan, just weighed myself and i've lost 16lb, only another 34 to go! :eek: I usually give up after a week or two but this time I just feel completely different and I know I can do it! Well i hope so! Lol

Im a day late checking in I have only lost 3 pounds in the last 3 1/2 weeks ,very sad face hate my (as my doc says super efficient metabolism) which need next to nothing to survive :':)':)'(

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

Im a day late checking in I have only lost 3 pounds in the last 3 1/2 weeks ,very sad face hate my (as my doc says super efficient metabolism) which need next to nothing to survive :':)':)'(

I'm the same. My metabolism is crap. Anything above 1200 cal a day and I will gain weight! Even if I'm working out loads :( dr says its down to my previouse eating disorders :( my body is so used to eating 500 cal a day and burning 1000s in exercise that any more and it holds on to it.
Perhaps you could try alternate day fasting to try and kick start it xx

I weighed this morning and have only lost 3.5 pounds in the last 2 weeks that I have been really trying but I know what I have done to prevent it being more!! On the plus side I do look and feel slimmer and have more energy so I don't mind too much :)

Sent from my HTC One X using SalonGeek

I'm the same. My metabolism is crap. Anything above 1200 cal a day and I will gain weight! Even if I'm working out loads :( dr says its down to my previouse eating disorders :( my body is so used to eating 500 cal a day and burning 1000s in exercise that any more and it holds on to it.
Perhaps you could try alternate day fasting to try and kick start it xx

I know its the bain of my life ,iv only been eating 500 to 800 calories a day ,the odd fasting day would not hurt but it so hard when what I eat on a daly basis is what most people would class as fasting :-D

I know its the bain of my life ,iv only been eating 500 to 800 calories a day ,the odd fasting day would not hurt but it so hard when what I eat on a daly basis is what most people would class as fasting :-D

Eat more! A week of 1500 cal a day! Will u gain? Probably BUT it will then get you put of starvation then alternate 500 one day 1800 the next x

i've lost 4 stinky pounds but i would like to admit i had a really bad week which i just stuffed my face throughout :lol:

i've lost 4 stinky pounds but i would like to admit i had a really bad week which i just stuffed my face throughout :lol:

I will be noshing this weekend ;) hen party!!!

I will be noshing this weekend ;) hen party!!!

oooo have pizza and chips for me! i've been dribbling at the thought of it all week!!!

oooo have pizza and chips for me! i've been dribbling at the thought of it all week!!!

I'm having vegan Thai food and loads of wine

Eat more! A week of 1500 cal a day! Will u gain? Probably BUT it will then get you put of starvation then alternate 500 one day 1800 the next x

If been fighting this for over 10 years ,was eating a bit more in December ,i have tryed it all over the years ,lots of exercise ,no exercise,low carbs ,no carbs ,one meal a day ,6 meals a day ,meat ,no meat and every variation inbetween the only thing I have never done is food replacement which I refuse to be part of I would rather eat a carrot than drink one of those dodgy shakes lol :-D

Well I've just had my final weigh in and I've lost 7.75lbs since 7th Jan and achieved my goal of being 10st or less :D.

I'm most excited though about all the changes I've made to my diet and exercise habits, feel like I've finally got the balance right so that I won't put any weight back on and can just focus on being fit and healthy, I couldn't bear to be one of those people who spends their whole life on a diet!

Thanks for such an inspiring thread Loveleelady!

Latest posts

Back