Feeling like giving up

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you considered a Facebook profile instead of a page? then you have the power to add people rather than waiting for them to like your page? You're also more likely to see what a 'friend' profile is posting than a like page. Something to do with if you stop visiting a page or liking a pages post it will stop appearing to the people who have liked it.

Have you considered a Facebook profile instead of a page? then you have the power to add people rather than waiting for them to like your page? You're also more likely to see what a 'friend' profile is posting than a like page. Something to do with if you stop visiting a page or liking a pages post it will stop appearing to the people who have liked it.

Are facebook not deleting all the business profiles now as your only allowed a page? xo

I know your not really supposed to have them but mine was very successful from the get go all the other local salons use them too and have done for many years and I haven't seen any vanish x

Facebook haven't deleted my page yet. So I'll continue to update it but who's to know if it's reaching my likers?? I may set up a personal page but under my business name. I think darling digits has done that recently.

Just another thing I'd add, talk about getting a kicking when down but a reasonably regular client has just message me cancelling her Christmas appointment as she wants to giver her nails a break from shellac as they are weak and flaking. I suggested that perhaps she comes in for a rehydrating manicure and to make sure she continues to use her oil but that's another client lost. Hopefully she.ll come back in the new year.

She does remove her shellac herself mind you, in the correct way, but this is not the first time a client has stopped coming because they wanted to give their nails a break. It's only ever Shellac clients. I'm starting to lose faith in shellac. It's not as great as it's cracked up to be is it?

I know some of you will say it must be me, but I'm very confident I'm applying correctly, removing correctly etc. I've been on my shellac training etc and know the pros and cons. I give an aftercare sheet to all new clients and tell them to use solar oil etc, wear gloves when cleaning, do not pick etc etc. I feel like banging my head against a brick wall sometimes .

Are the Shellac clients you've lost the ones who remove at home? I have to say I don't allow my clients to do this lol They are impatient and it doesn't matter if we've shown them how to do it properly and emphasised the importance of being gentle I can guarantee they will be scraping the Shellac off and causing damage...and then blaming the product!

What damage are they saying is being caused by Shellac?

Millyspook I feel exactly the same as you about Shellac. Can't comment on other brands as that's the one I invested in. In my experience it did cause damage to some client's nails. Even if they used their oil and let me remove it! And I know I'm using it correctly as I did all the training too and only use the proper products and lamp. It wrecked my nails. Then cnd come along and say oh its not suitable for everyone so now there's this other product you can use underneath shellac. That's as good as saying it does cause damage to some nail types.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Are the Shellac clients you've lost the ones who remove at home? I have to say I don't allow my clients to do this lol They are impatient and it doesn't matter if we've shown them how to do it properly and emphasised the importance of being gentle I can guarantee they will be scraping the Shellac off and causing damage...and then blaming the product!

What damage are they saying is being caused by Shellac?

I've seen white spots and dry flaky at free edge . The ones that stopped due to damage I did the removal. I'm really careful and know it's not me.

I think I'll stop purchasing more shellac and maybe trial other products . I've been using crystal nails one step gel but the shine isn't great on finished product and it's tricky to remove. I've also tried smart polish which I like.

Millyspook I feel exactly the same as you about Shellac. Can't comment on other brands as that's the one I invested in. In my experience it did cause damage to some client's nails. Even if they used their oil and let me remove it! And I know I'm using it correctly as I did all the training too and only use the proper products and lamp. It wrecked my nails. Then cnd come along and say oh its not suitable for everyone so now there's this other product you can use underneath shellac. That's as good as saying it does cause damage to some nail types.

I do agree with you . They kind of backtracked . Also, IBX seems to have taken off particularly with techs that use shellac. Now I'm not saying it's just CND shellac that causes damage , I'm sure all gel polishes , hybrid polishes etc cause some damage but it does seem rather coincidental .

I'm half expecting to be shot down in flames now as this site is owned by s2 but it some thing I'm just throwing out there.

I assume you're referring to Brisa Lite Smoothing Gel? This was brought out to provide additional strength for those clients who needed it, not because Shellac was damaging to the nail.

I've seen white spots and dry flaky at free edge . The ones that stopped due to damage I did the removal. I'm really careful and know it's not me.

I think I'll stop purchasing more shellac and maybe trial other products . I've been using crystal nails one step gel but the shine isn't great on finished product and it's tricky to remove. I've also tried smart polish which I like.

Can I ask what remover you use? I use Nourishing Remover and can honestly say since I swapped over I haven't seen white spots, not once. I'd be inclined to look at your clients life style and are they following correct aftercare. Most don't if they're honest! And if that's the case then they will have the same problems whatever brand they're wearing.

Have you thought about a telephone answering service? The cost would probably be covered by the clients retained. I looked in to it at one point and it was not as expensive as I thought. I work the same hours as you and when I dropped evenings, it made a big difference to my income. Unfortunately a lot of clients work and it does make a difference how accessible you are. I agree with the other posts - you have to be continually on top of your business to keep it ticking over.

From your tone, i get the feeling that you wouldn't listen to constructive criticism anyway, so i'm out of this one thanks x

That's a bit harsh. I didn't get that feeling from this post. She was just answering everyone's comments.

Funny how we all see things differently

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Denise taylor gelamor is fab if you do decide to look at changing products x

Latest posts

Back