Feeling really deflated-advice needed please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NailenvyWorksop

Reaction score
Hi Guys I'm hoping someone can help me as at this present moment I just feel like giving up!

I trained in acrylics in March and have made progress gaining a few clients, not many regulars however.

For some reason I have lost my confidence and went to a new client on Sunday feeling really negative and nervous and yes it was nightmarish from start to finish.

I did train using Nouveau Nail products but have recently changed to CND Retention+ and am struggling to get the right ratio tbh.I have watched u tube video after u tube video to try and get this right but its just not gelling with me. Do I keep with it or is it worth trying another l&p product??
I cant afford to do a conversion course at the moment so what is the best way forward, people say practice, practice etc but I have no one to practice on so how do I go about that??

How do I get my confidence back before I throw it all away???.....................

Don't worry pet, one day it will sort of 'click'
We all had to start somewhere & I dread to think what my first sets of nails were like 🙈
Why not do a one-to-one tutorial with a CND educator ? I did this years ago and really got to the root of my sculpting problem. Money well spent.
Don't beat yourself up
And keep practicing on spare tips
X

I promise you we have all been there. The times when we just think that it's only us that's struggling and that we can't do something. You CAN and more importantly, YOU WILL!!

About the ratio, you know it requires practice. Is the bead too wet? Count how many times you wipe the brush and how the bead is with 4 wipes, then 5 wipes, etc but each time try to pick up the same size bead so this test works. When I got a different type of brush I had to learn how much it needed.

March is really not a long time, I've heard it said that it can take up to a year to properly learn the ratio to get the right bead each time.

Once you feel more practised you won't feel anxious as you have been, believe me I know ALL about that.

Big hugs x

We have all been there Hun! I have done some horrible sets of acrylics in my time! But just keep powering on and practice practice practice. I found that te only thing that can hold me back is myself, so I stopped it! I put my positive head on and said to myself "I can so it, and I will" (as cheesy as it sounds)
In regards to ratio..it really is down to practice and like above said..one day it will just click and you won't know what all the fuss is about.
Look at it as when you are learning to drive and finding the biting point. It seems like the hardest thing ever and then one day it clicks! And you think "what on earth was I struggling with, it's so easy!"
The way I do it is a counting method.
My first (zone 1) bead is a quick wipe on the lower part of the brush off the dappen dish then sit in the powder for 5 seconds.
My second (zone 2) bead I wipe half the brush and hold in the powder for 4 seconds.
My third (zone 3) bead I wipe the full length of the brush and hold in the powder for 2 seconds.
I always get perfect ratio from this, it may not work for you as everyone is different. You need to find the method that works for you!
Don't get beat up about it a it does take time!
Keep up with the utube videos they are soooo helpful. Check out the Fingernail Fixer tutorials she is absolutely fantastic!
Good luck and I hope it works out good in the end!!!
Xxxxxx

Sorry for the very late reply, Work has been crazy!!

Thankyou for your advice I have decided to keep with the cnd retention + and just goin to keep practicing until it clicks!

Still lacking in confidence how do I get this back?

Is the flexifinger any good to use to practice on??

Thanks again Geeks:Love:

Also what size brushes do you use for L&P???? X

Hi, I started my enhancement training in dec and qualified at the end of jan. It does take time, I didn't have many enhancement clients which didn't help and I want to chuck my practice hand out the window sometimes. I've just relocated and I'm both salon based and mobile and everyone wants them. Mine are looking pretty good but I'm still having issues with lifting and popping off. Lifting more so with l&p and popping off with Brisa. I thought maybe just stick to shellac but I need to crack this and even with the issues I know by me keeping at it I'll get there. And so will you. Stick at it, get a few models in and charge £10/15 and use them to monitor your progress. I did this at first to give me confidence and it helped x

thank you i will keep perservering! X

I trained in enhancements in June and have done one set that I was not pleased with. I was given a trainer hand when I first started (2years ago) and believe me she is the most patient and forgiving client I could ever have!
She recently got a nice set of tips with gel overlay and was she EVER pleased with the result! Next she is getting some clear tips with acrylic overlay and maybe French acrylic with white and pink! I have been very busy with her about 2 nights a week and she sits and waits patiently for when I have time to do even one nail.
Get one! They are awesome!

Attachments

• IMG_0583.JPG
    IMG_0583.JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 76

Latest posts

Back