felt awful!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rachybaby

Reaction score
:cry: I just had to share this with you. On Saturday I was booked up all day with shall I say 'larger ladies'. My very last client was just about to pay when two legs broke on her chair and she fell back. Not on the floor thank god!

I felt awful, she was red faced saying sorry. I said I thought it was a bit loose and was going to have it checked, its not your fault.

So now Im using my posh dining chair and everyone has said how much better it is. I'll have to take it back the wholesalers, but what do I say?

oh the poor woman id say she was mortified! Unless the chair came with info sayin it could only hold a certain weight id say ur entitled to get your money back...

That happened my bf aunt a couple of months ago, mind you see saw the funny side and cudn get back up from laughing so much haha

oh no ! poor client !!!!!!!

Bless you for trying to 'cover it up' lol

take it to the wholesalers and say 'it just broke' .... and look all innocent they may swap it they may not !!!

Good luck - and hopefully the comfy dining chair is a bit more 'sturdy'

amb x

Oh dear, although I am sure you were embarrassed about the whole situation it was not your fault and neither was it your client's. These chairs should be designed to withstand all shapes and sizes. You've only got to look at the IKEA demo's in their stores to see what all their chairs go through so surely most manufacturers do the same?
I would take it back to the wholesalers and complain about the quality of the chair. I would also want a replacement. It must have been faulty given what happened regardless of your client's weight! They are the ones who are lucky she didn't hurt herself.

EEKS:eek:

the two of you must have been mortified! My sympathies to you both.
I'm so glad I chose to use a dining chair from kitchen with cushions put on it, as opposed to a flimsy desk chair I was 'thinking' of using.

Good cover-up. I hope she doesnt hold it against you or isn't too shy about returning. Perhaps ring her up and offer a discount on a service for the mishap?

:hug:

Ah! Poor thing, how embaressing for both you and your client.

Demand a refund/replacement I would, its faulty.

teri x:)

opps that must of made you giggle afterwards lol... hope she was alright though... think you should get a refund if you say it was faulty... providing there was not weight load id check 1st xx

with all sympathy hun you should not have said it was your fault as the client could have sued you as people nowadays sue for all kinds of things
but i hope you get a refund hun

:cry: I just had to share this with you. On Saturday I was booked up all day with shall I say 'larger ladies'. My very last client was just about to pay when two legs broke on her chair and she fell back. Not on the floor thank god!

I felt awful, she was red faced saying sorry. I said I thought it was a bit loose and was going to have it checked, its not your fault.

So now Im using my posh dining chair and everyone has said how much better it is. I'll have to take it back the wholesalers, but what do I say?

Let's hope she doesn't try and sue you, and you have already admitted liability :eek:

Let's hope she doesn't try and sue you, and you have already admitted liability :eek:

I was thinking the same thing, this happened at the college i went to but it was a couch instead of a chair & the client did sue for a VERY large amount. Did the client actually hurt herself ?

Only her pride was hurt, she's a lovely client and offered to replace it.

I was thinking the same thing, this happened at the college i went to but it was a couch instead of a chair & the client did sue for a VERY large amount. Did the client actually hurt herself ?

I had a woman call into the salon and she tripped over the step coming in... and limped like she'd fallen off the cliffs of Dover ffs... the acting was comical and it was all I could do to not say 'ohhhh come on lady' :lol:

Latest posts

Back